new technican

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doubled

Reaction score
hi,
i have just done a two day course with star nails and recieved my dilpoma in the post. the class size contained only three of us i felt i got all the help i needed while i was there. however i need some advice on what others think of the short courses and is it enough training. will i need to do more or just need practice before having real clients in to do their nails. any feedback would be great

Well love, what really matters is.......Where you happy with your training..????Do you feel you need to know more ???
Are you practicing on real people???
Is this the first nail course you have done???
Are you happy enough with the nails you are producing now ???

Did you cover subjects like health and safety, anatomy, product knowledge, nail disorders, troubleshooting, good nail prepping, different types of nail enhancements, Acrylic, Gel, Fibreglass, Gel, Sculpting??????

There is loads more to learn..............
I have been in the bizz over a decade now and continue to learn and do courses all the time.............

Most of us Technicians do courses right the way through our choosen profession............this is just the first of many courses ahead of you ....
Learning new techniques and staying ahead in the industry is the key to success...........
So my thought is................ a 2 day course is fine, it's the basics and then go on to learn as much as there is to learn about the wonderful world of a nail technician..............It's a huge world.............

just a thought
love Ruth xxx

Hey, I feel that you should keep trying to expand your knowledge. I personally think that you should go to more classes. I really didn't know much about this two day classes. Are there in USA? I am a new nail tech myself and I really don't know anything and I have had 300 hours.Plus, I do have some clientel now, I do get to practice. I really don't know what you learn at one those classes? Also, your nail busniess might be different there because most of my clients waited until I finshed all my hours to let me give them a pedicure.

Do you learn about the product or did you learn about nails? There is a differences. I now need to learn about the best product, now that I know about the nail. Try doing some of your friends nail and see how they turn out use a product you didn't learn about at yourclass.

YOU ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING BY COME HERE AND GETTING OTHERS OPINIONS BUT YOURS IS THE ONLY ONE THAT COUNT!!! D (YOURS AND YOUR SOON TO BE CLIENTS) TALK AT YOU LATER SHANNON AKA NEWNGAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back