New to CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JakkiD

Reaction score
Hi,

Looking for some help. I trained in NSI in 2000 and have just started doing nails again last week after 4 years.

I decided to use CND, after having CND enhancements on and I I love using the product.

The problem I've had with models this week is lifting! I do sculptured nails so don't use gel bond which I know can affect the nail bed. I am careful when doing my prep. I use retention do you think I should use a primer aswell as scrub fresh???

HELP!

Hiya ... not sure what you mean about the gelbond..i use it and have never had any problmes....??

I don't think Creative require a primer...but for lift prone clients there is a thing called nail fresh that i believe can help...aswell as scrub fresh.

The training you get from Creative is brilliant...but it doesn't stop there....your educator will still help guide you through any problems...maybe give her a call.

A few things that can cause lifting...

Improper prep

Too close to the sides/skin

working too thick in zone 3

working to wet/dry

Thanks,

I will call them in the morning as I never had this problem with NSI many years ago but them again I haven't done nails for 4 years so maybe I need more practice.

Jakki

Thanks, this was useful.

I will do my own nails tomorrow and see how they are on me.

Jakki

Hiya ... not sure what you mean about the gelbond..i use it and have never had any problmes....??

I don't think Creative require a primer...but for lift prone clients there is a thing called nail fresh that i believe can help...aswell as scrub fresh.

The training you get from Creative is brilliant...but it doesn't stop there....your educator will still help guide you through any problems...maybe give her a call.

A few things that can cause lifting...

Improper prep

Too close to the sides/skin

working too thick in zone 3

working to wet/dry

The other most vital thing you have to remember when using CND is that the application technique is different than what you remember with NSI.

Good CND techs do not use primer with Retention+. BUT to really adhere to the surface, you do need to press the product firmly onto the surface of the nail before smoothing lightly once it is in place. Make sure you press press press at the sides and the zone 3 areas and you WILL NOT HAVE PROBLEMS WITH LIFTING. The product must make good contact to the plate.

Did you do the conversion course hun ?

Thanks guys, I've done my own nails this morning so will keep you's posted.

Becki, done my conversion last week, which I loved!!!!

Jakki

Great stuff hun ! In that case i wouuld suggest you take on board the fab advise and go easy on yourself,you've been out of the loop a long time and i know after my conversion i was raring to go but give yourself a chance :lol: Nailclass is fab and there are some wonderfull tutorials here on the site. Happy reading,happy enhancing :D xx

Great stuff hun ! In that case i wouuld suggest you take on board the fab advise and go easy on yourself,you've been out of the loop a long time and i know after my conversion i was raring to go but give yourself a chance :lol: Nailclass is fab and there are some wonderfull tutorials here on the site. Happy reading,happy enhancing :D xx

Thanks Becki, I'll let you know how I get on.

Well Geeks, just to update you since Monday.

After doing a couple of more enhancements my lifting problem has disappeared and as guessed by some, this was due to my prep!

Also, any Geeks out there thinking of using Creative, DO IT!!!!!! The product is just fantastic to work with and I am so pleased with the end results. After being out of this game for 4 years I was nervous about doing nails again.......However, Fiona, Wee Fee and Heather couldn't have made me feel anymore welcome and at ease.

The Training was second to none!

Jakki

What a great post to read, advice given, taken on board and problem solved.

A perfect example of what this site is really all about..........its made my day:lol:

Latest posts

Back