New to gel nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siri

Reaction score
I am new to the gel nail etc....so in the process of doing some research into diffrent brands.
thought singing up here will be a good startso hi to all
from what I read so far it seems that the led lamp suppose to be a better choice for the skin
also you want to get one with a timer and ideally one which doesn't take longer then 45 sec to cure
ps. I am not an expert only beginner
BTW- so far I am inclined toward gellux although gelish has a good reviews too
I live not very far from the capital they have (gellux)in stock and provide training which is very convenient
My question is - if at some point I would like to do hard gel can just switch gels and caring on using the remaing products ? thank you in advance for reading my msg

Hi,
I trained with Gelish and although I loved it, I found it a bit pricey. I've added Shellac to my range (which seems to be taking over) and I'm looking to fully replace my Gelish with another Gel brand. I'm trialling Magpie but The Gel Bottle has incredible reviews and a friend of mine has just swapped entirely from Gelish to TGB with no regrets. Much cheaper, lovely application, huge colour range and the bottles look nicer too.
As long as you have training with one brand you will be able to purchase any of them.
Also with regard to the lamp, I'd say LED is taking over. Even CND who seemed to be hard UV fans have replaced their lamp with LED. I have the CND one and I love it! At 36watts it's very powerful. My Gelish lamp turned out to only be 18watts so although it was 45sec curing Gelish, it wasn't powerful enough to fully cure other brands.

I hope my rambling has helped a little

Thanks , of course it has helped

Latest posts

Back