New to L'Oreal mahogany help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liana kay

Reaction score
Hi ive had a new client just booked in for a tint - the junior tells me - mahogany on white - im dreading this , our colour cupboard is nearly empty lucky its not in till next week . Im new to loreal , but even in wella id be hesitant because the clients always want it more bright and with base it takes awaythe brightness ( but stops the pink at the sides !) has anyone any loreal mixes to suggest between base 5 / 6 I think im gonna have to get the colour myself and get it out of the petty cash .

5.35 is a lovely colour, im pretty sure you'd mix it with 5.3 and should cover 100% but someone will correct me if i wrong, not used loreal for over a year.

If you have a picture of a colour you/they have in mind it would be better or if you could have done a consultation to find out.
Dont you stock every colour? x

just moved salons , I begged for more colour last week and now we dont even have bases 5 and 9 find it really annoying because after all .. nothings really wasted is it , you just use it another time .5.35 should cover quite well because it has gold in is that right , will it be pink enough , its really hard to tell on the majirel colour chart . ill prob try to get a few colours so I can blend and mix them god knows it can only help the stock levels .

My old boss didn't stock much colour so we had to make cocktails of say 7 and 5 to make 6 etc.
Its even more annoying when you don't know what the client wants. I'd buy a variety. She might come and pick something completely different!
Loreal do a different range for resistant white hair but, until you've seen her you wont know! But yes the warmer tones should cover nicely :)

Hi.
Loreal recommend
That you pre-pig first with dia-light 6.34 6vol
Then go over with your warm base 5/6

You can use any of the .3 shades without base and they will cover grey 100% :) try mixing the 5.3 with your chosen mahogany shade and it won't dull it down. x

With majirel you mix 1/2 base in when there is over 50% white hair.

If it is a cool tone mahogany
i.e. ,52 (Mahogany-Violet) / ,51 (Mahogany-Ash) mix with a natural base

If it is a warm mahogany
i.e. ,56 (Mahogany-Red) / 54 , (Mahogany-Copper) / ,35 (Gold-Mahogany) etc.. mix with a golden base (,3)

You also have majirouge with give you more vibrant results but the same rules apply for white hair coverage.

You then have a few shades marked DM5 (Red-Red Violet) and Rubilane (Red-Copper Red) which give 100% coverage without adding base. However if the lengths and ends have more colour build up/ depth the regrowth will still be more vibrant. And you shouldn't add base with these colours.

I would mix your target shade with base to get the white hair coverage, then after rinsing if the colour is not vibrant enough, run a mahogany-red dialight or diarichesse glossing over it for 5-10 minutes to kick it up a notch. Likewise if the colour ever goes too pinky apply a glossing in a natural gold shade. Hopefully you won't need this step, but it's there if needed!

:D

Hi ive had a new client just booked in for a tint - the junior tells me - mahogany on white - im dreading this , our colour cupboard is nearly empty lucky its not in till next week . Im new to loreal , but even in wella id be hesitant because the clients always want it more bright and with base it takes awaythe brightness ( but stops the pink at the sides !) has anyone any loreal mixes to suggest between base 5 / 6 I think im gonna have to get the colour myself and get it out of the petty cash .

I agree with others, 5.35 is a lovely mahogany. You need to mix it in equal parts with 5.3 (with 20vol) to get the grey coverage but keep the mahogany tone. The gold in the 5.35 isn't enough to cover the grey. Good luck with it! :)

Latest posts

Back