New to spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k_lee110788

Reaction score
I have just qualified in spray tanning. I have 2 models coming tomorrow for a free tan as I want to get it right before charging.
My kit came this morning. I ordered the tantruth kit and it has came with 2 solutions, 9% and 13%. When I trained, my college had 6%, 9%, 12% and 18%. How am I going to get the right colour for everyone with just 2 solutions? After researching, I have found tantruth only do 9 and 13%. I know i can mix to get 10, 11 or 12%. Are these the main ones people ask for and no one realy gets 6 or 18?

I would never mix solutions but each to their own. Maybe you could purchase sample bottles from a few brands and try different%. I suppose 9% is a nice % though.

You don't have to stick with tan truth . I trained with sienna but I use LA tan. You machine will take any solution. 10% and 12% are very popular so get some samples in that. Try different solutions. You'll get to know more as you get more experience. Good luck.

Yes we are happy to send you a couple of samples if you fancy trying the LA Tan.
Good luck with the models.

Thank you, i will try out some different samples. Can I just ask why you wouldnt mix the soloutions? On my course they said to mix them

I do mix solutions. I had some 12% and 14% and I mixed it in together as I knew the girls I was tanning liked it dark.

LA Tan do a Brown and Gold range which can be mixed however some practitioners just prefer to stick to the original colours and there can be the difficulty of exactly replicating the colour each time.

I've mixed a 10% and 8% to make 9%. 30ml of each,turned out lovely

So glad you liked the mix of colours.

Latest posts

Back