New to the site!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LMB

Reaction score
Hi, Just found this site, which I reckon is going to be really helpful, Im a qualified beauty therapist, but Im starting a nail course in february, which will be training in fibreglass nails - my opinion is that these are the most natural looking nails and the least destructive to the natural nail! I know that many people are having acrylic at the moment, does anyone think training in fibreglass is a good idea, or would you suggest another method?
I have previously done a course which was only 2 days in gel and fibreglass, but this wasn't enough to give me the confidence to go and treat clients, so I am now going to study for a VTCT in nail technology.
I look forward to chatting with yous on here, and am sure that I will be needing some tips in February!!

Hiya and welcome to the site...you will get loads of help on here, and its great to have other experienced nail techs to learn from.

my opinion is that these are the most natural looking nails and the least destructive to the natural nail!

the above comment by yourself...is an opinion that you may find changes over time...all systems applied correctly and with skill will result in a natural looking nail enhancement and none should destruct the natural nail...removing enhancements with force...such as picking or biting will cause damage...or a heavy handed nail tech using the wrong abrasives/file on the natural nails.

best of luck on your course...i am sure you will enjoy it. xxx

Hiya and welcome to an new addiction...Geeking, lol!

To be honest...all enhancements can look natural whatever system you decide to use, and no one system is better for the nails than another...it all depends on the skill of the tech.
Take a look in the gallery and you will see pics of natural looking gel, l&p as well as FG...though we post a lot of our glittertips & art there as well.
Ruth (nailsinlondon) and Geeg (the legendary Gigi Rouse) are the best FG techs around in my opinion and will be able to offer you plenty of advice should you choose to start with FG.
However dont rule out the other systems until you have had a good look at whats on offer and what can be achieved with the right education.
Good luck.

Hi and welcome :Love:

i agree with the other girls, i work with gels and have produced some very natural looking enhancements, also like the other girls said, once properly removed there shud be no damage to the natural nails!!

Good luck with your course, ull find this site and invaluble tool :eek: i know i have!

I agree with everyone here. All nail systems applied skillfully should be natural looking and any damage caused to the nail is usually the fault of either the tech or the client (not including accidents) I do acrylics and when theyre neat and infilled most people are surprised when they learn they are not my natural nails. Dont close your mind to any other methods but be aware of the hard work, training and practise, practise, and yet more practise that we all need to shine in our chosen system. Even the most experienced, brilliant techs on here are always learning. (even if its just how to spell - naming no names)
Good luck and welcome to a great website.

Just to add to the above be warned, when you get on here your 5 minutes suddenly turns into an hour and nothing gets done. Your house will never look the same!!!

Hi and welcome! nice to see another local geek to me! you'll have to join us at one of our Essex Geek Meets, you'll pick up loads of tips and its a great place to ask questions and meet fellow geeks xx

Thanks guys for your replies to my msg, been reading all through the site, i heard this site was useful, but blimey, thats an understatement! I shall enjoy sharing tips and chatting on here a lot more, thanks again x

Further to my previous message about studying for a VTCT qualification in Feb, I notice that there are many Creative Nail Techs out there! I know that this is a good qualification to have, but it's also quite expensive, hence I'm doing a VTCT. I was wondering, if I was to train for a VTCT (which will be in Fibreglass nails) then I could maybe do a less expensive course with Creative later on to study other systems, would this work?

Latest posts

Back