New Website - Any opinions welcome!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyED

Reaction score
My lovely hubby has just finished my website, I think he has done a great job seeing as he's never done a website before!

Would be nice to see what others think?

www.perfectbeautyhampshire.co.uk

Thanks all :D

Looks really good to me, very pretty and easy to navigate. What a clever man you have. :)

Looks really good, very pretty & easy to navigate.
You must be very pleased with it!
What a clever husband you have!!!

One suggestion I would put forward would be to get a logo designed for your website, which you can also use on leaflets, business cards, gift vouchers etc, Contact Carl Verve "extentionise"(not sure if spelt correct) on here, Carl did my logo & many others, he only charges £20 with includes 2 copies on your logo one for web use & one for printing.

Love Emma x

Also maybe add a links page so you can swap links with other sites to create more traffic to your site! x

Your site looks really nice well done. I think it looks very professional.
Have you noticed the wording in this section yet?

About me

My name is Emma Ducker and have I am a fully qualified and insured professional Beauty Therapist.

Hope this helps xx:Love:

the site looks great very prof

good luck xxx

Hi Emma,
Your site looks lovely, clever hubby!
The images you use - where did you get them from? They look lovely.
Natalya

.......I was wondering about the images too- they are great, and I recognise a few istock photo and getty images photo's on there- which would have cost a fair bit to purchase.

You did purchase them didn't you? It's really worth checking and keeping hold of any records of purchase as I know both of the companies are sending threatening letters out to people who are using images illegally.

No offense if you have bought them (im sure you have) but its an easy mistake when you've done your first site to assume you can use pictures from Google Images etc.

Just generally, dont think you're too "small" for them to notice you, as they're using sophisticated sofware to scour the web at the moment.

They're not threats either- I know a few people at the moment who are being taken to court.

be very careful with images on your website, we had a friend of a friend build our website, he did this as a hobby, he put on a small pic of some toes being varnished, 18 months later we got a bill from getty images, to cut a long story we ended up paying £1200 or risk going to court paying a lot more and possible a jail sentance, thankfully the web designer paid half, but lesson learnt, be very very careful where your images come from - if in doubt remove them - i always wonder how they found that the images are being used, we were not a huge salon just 2 therapists working together in a small 2 room salon.

It looks excellent and the same result as you would gain from a paid designer!

Hi all,

Thank you all so much for taking the time to look at my website and give me your comments.

We have looked through it again and I'm going to change some of the words as I don't think they quite match up to the look of the website and to give abit more of an explantation of the treatments.

Re the pictures, these were bought from iStock cost about £35 to get enough credits for some of the larger pictures. I've heard some stories about not using the correct images so I was always going to buy them, never copy them from anywhere. My hubby is an accountant and so he also does my accounts (have a very useful hubby!) and he is always very careful about keeping all legal documents/receipts/invoices/contracts for anything I buy so I know I have all the paperwork.

Thanks again for all your comments I just hope that it works in generating lots of new clients! :D

Emma

Latest posts

Back