New website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

florence2004

Reaction score
Hi Geeks.
My new website went live last Friday. I'd be grateful for some feedback on it. I still have some pages to add such as portfolio, retail items and news/articles but i'd like to know if I am going in the right direction so far!

WWW.primpandpolish.ca

Thanks
Jackie

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

Looks really good. Id say white out text slightly difficult to read against a light background. Might also be worth considering an after care section where you can push the retail of products a bit? Id also look to push your contact details right up to the top as that is the call to action for a cistomer. Hope that helps. Its looking nice :)

Let me know if there is any help you need as Im a marketing consultant by trade x

Frankie...In Training Nail Tech

I really like it, I think it looks lovely! Just a thought.. (This is only my personal opinion) I would add a few more pictures and also maybe create a Shellac or CND page to explain what it actually is. I have a page dedicated on Bio Sculpture and Gelish on mine and I just explain how long it lasts, what it is, how it's applied, FAQ's la la la . I know we know what it is, but if I'm imagining I'm a client, I would like to receive a bit more information about the services you are offering. Why is it different to other products? What makes it special? etc. HTH

I am only able to open a cached copy of your website, as other than that Google wont load it. x

I am only able to open a cached copy of your website, as other than that Google wont load it. x

I've loaded it using Google Chrome on my iMac so not sure what the problem is for Miss Pink.

I agree more pictures would be nice. I did get a little confused at first with the picture underneath the Shellac logo on the treatments page as it showed gel being used from a pot. Then I realised the page had different treatments on it too. Maybe increase the space between the logo and picture so they don't look like they are related. Or change the picture to show Shellac application instead.

Nice looking site though :biggrin:

Thanks geeks. Yes I think it needs more pictures too and like I said I have more pages to add in yet. For some reason the writing is showing up white when using a cell phone. It's fine on a computer or tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek

Website is good! Like the logo to! Did a company produce the site for you?

Yes I actually just had the original site flipped to a wordpress site and some more content added by a development company. The great thing is now that it is on a wordpress platform I can add my own content and blog to my hearts content!

Sent from my SGH-I727R using SalonGeek mobile app

Not really sure what Wordpress is! So did you start constructing yourself? I am starting to get content ready for mine but want to make sure its got key words etc and looks professional but can't really afford a web designer! :s

Looks really nice, cant comment much about the actual content as beauty is not my area but my only problem with it was when I first landed on your site I found it hard to actually notice your company name and logo instantly.
From a branding point of view and making the sites name and image instantly memorable I would have had the logo at the top and bolder as the scrolling banner images looks great but over powering.

Either way,all other pages of the site are good and its nice to see someone with a clean crisp site that gives confidence that someone is professional.

Thanks Jay. We originally had the logo above the scrolling banner but it took up too much space and pushed everything else below the fold which meant anyone viewing on a mobile device had to do a lot of scrolling to see all the content. This was the compromise!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back