New with Bio sculpture need help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lila22

Reaction score
Hi Girls, im new with Bio sculpture and im really enjoying it but have a couple of problems, First when ive done clear then the two colours i buff, can anyone suggest which is best file to do this and then when i apply the top coat i sometimes get a small randon patch of dullness, if i buff and apply again its ok (most of time) but i dont no why this happens.
Any help would be great thanks xxx:confused:

Hi Girls, im new with Bio sculpture and im really enjoying it but have a couple of problems, First when ive done clear then the two colours i buff, can anyone suggest which is best file to do this and then when i apply the top coat i sometimes get a small randon patch of dullness, if i buff and apply again its ok (most of time) but i dont no why this happens.

Hi Why do you buff? I was taught not to this x

This is the way we were taught, i didnt buff but its to get the shape, or so i was told.xx

We were taught to only buff if needed reshaping, if not just applied sgel after colour x

We were taught to only buff if needed reshaping, if not just applied sgel after colour x

The training may be different as I am in Spain and they seem to do everything differently x

Ah maybe, i think they do chop and change ways ect as i no girls who do other things different, thanks for your help though x:D

Hi I've never been taught to buff either, I did my training about 7 years ago no though so its probably changed.... so why do you buff now?
Do you buff just bio gel overlays?
Thanks xx

Hi there I past my test in January we were told clear colour colour s gel n top coat . I was told to buff if u were building on the colour that help xx

I cannot understand the logic behind buffing the finished nail with a file and have never heard of this before.

What reason/objective did they give you for including this step?

If there is a need to refine the nail I would probably use the spongeboard but not a file.

I note you are also buffing onto the top coat .. BioSculpture has not been designed to buff to the extent you seem to be incorporating.

I think you should give them a call for clarification.

Let us know what they say.

Jacqui xx

Are you sure your not getting confused with the uv top coat!!! I am sure that you shouldn't be buffing the colour coats!!! We were taught to buff the shine off the s gel if we wanted to use uv gel top coat, when I trained about 2 years ago :))

I passed in Nov, and we were only told to buff the sgel if needed when doing sculptures. Or when doing a soak off if u have finished with sgel or UV as these are now classed as non soakable.

Definatly wasn't taught to buff after applying colour.

Even if u are taught differently, check the manueal as I am sure in there it will give u the correct info. Xx

Also, as said above, top coats don't need buffing if they aren't shiney, in ur manual it will tell u why they sometimes appear dull (not cured, shrinkage, not wiped properly, etc)

I would 100% call Bio, cz it doesn't sound right. Xx

Hi girls
I just looked in the big manual and quick step guide and the big manual said after colours ect shape with black file then refine using orange spear or grey square! Then dual cleanse then uv top coat!
In the quick step guide it says after colours and s gel buff and shape to perfection ( beginners may have to buff so much to get the perfect shape that another layer of colour gel may be needed!)
I will call them today as not sure if I'm doing it right! Feel a bit silly now! :(

Ps I don't buff the uv topcoat unless the nail is dull, then I buff and reapply the top coat cure then dual cleanse x

Hi, don't feel silly. It can take a while to understand the gels. The girls at Bio are lovely. I too had a few questions myself so went to see them at ExCel. You only need 4 coats (depending on quality of nail plate) choose your base, colour, colour then choose your top coat. I tend to go for uv. You can buff any layer, but only if you really need to (more so when creating sculptures) just ensure you cleanse before applying your top coat. Also ensure you pick up enough gel so that you
get enough curing agent. As I say, the girls are great so give them a call. Hope this helps. Good luck and keep us posted :)

Ah thanks that is helpful im calling today to put order in so will mention to them too xx

hiya, i did my training in november and i have to say i love bio. Myself and clients have never had natural nails that look so good! I'd say you only need to buff after sgel/flexi if you are applying gel thick. to be honest i never buff and nails look nice and shiny,

try different ways of doing bio on yourself and see what looks nicer and what works best for you. this is a good way of practising and you get to see for yourself how they last.

good luck xx

Ive totally misunderstood :sad: i know where ive been going wrong, i sometimes have done clear, colour, colour (buff) topcoat, but its only if you do clear, colour, colour s-gel (ect) then buff then topcoat!!!
Sorry girls still new to me all this and not doing loads of nails so not getting the practice. xx

its easy to get confused hun, so many ppl tell you different things and even within the company itself, if your not getting much practise like i said do your own, once you master your own and know what you can and cant do with your nails you can do anyones and plus when clients come to you with lifting etc you will know first hand why it happened. and also if you keep doing your own you are your own advertisement when you are out and about x

Well took your advice and ive had a day pampering my own nails :) thanks for your advice as when its new it is all quite alot to take in and like you say one person is telling you one thing and someone else another, so pleased i was told about this site its so helpful :lol: xx

Latest posts

Back