New Year New Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karenlaw

Reaction score
Hi,

I've had a set of ruby slipper nails on for the festive season. I love them but Christmas is over and it's time for a change. I have a few hours spare today and I wanted to put a new set of nails on. Thing is I can't decide what to wear? I was thinking of some sort of colour (orange?) sea blue/green? Something bright and cheery.

I have some of the beautiful nfu-oh glitters and rainbow jelly and starlight memory collection. I have too much choice, lol!

If you needed cheering up what colour/style would you wear?

I saw a gorgeous set orf nails in a geeks photo albulm that was added yesterday I think, they are stiletts, but ould be adapted, using a white/irridesant clitter with black acrylic paint painted on in a lovely design, with a gloss gel to seal over the top, really nice!! and would go with anything, and sparkly, like a bit of sparkle sometimes, you should take a peek, wish I could domy own nails, but can't use my wrong hand for the life of me :-(.....good luck choosing x

From memory, if you apply the rules of colour therapy, yellow is believed to be the one to cheer you up. I guess you could apply the same principle to gold? Orange is supposed to promote energy, too. :)

Hi Ruthlm

I've had a look in the albums do you mean BlackOrchidCZ They look beautiful only trouble is I can't wear stilettos. Can't seem to do anything with them. I like the designs but like you say it's doing the wrong hand. I'm ok, getting better with practice but doing any fiddly designs I find really hard.

they are fab as well, it wawsw these ones I really liked....http://www.salongeek.com/members/blackorchidcz-albums-nails+nails+nails-picture23526-sp-a0863txt.html

Yea I couldnt work with stiletto's either, but maybe use a similar design with squared tips?? or maybe shorter pointed ones? I have to practice as well, so frustrating eh!! I have 3 different nails on my lsft hand where I was playing with all my arty stuff lol, good luck with it, hey you should post a pic to let us see what you decided, x

I am having the same dilema! Sat here with my blood red nails on that I've worn over christmas.....after sorting out paperwork, I am going to sit and do mine....really not sure what yet! Thinking plain opaque CND pink.....or short pink and whites,,, or a simple glitter,,,,,,,,,,,,,,argh!!! Some come do them for me!! lol

Unfortunately this year I was way too busy during the holidays to do anything special with them :cry:

But I managed to find some time before new years so I did this
http://www.salongeek.com/members/ho...r-gold-new-years-pink-because-i-love-pink.jpg

It's quite toned down compared to what I usually do, but they cheer me up a lot.
I usually add 3d art/swarovski when I really need cheering up. I like watching my nails shine when I'm feeling like crap :)

Your problem is simple, its NFU Oh's fault for having such a large collection of such beautiful glitters. It is all I think about, what nails am I going to do next on myself and this client and that client! I see no reason why we can't sparkle all year round, I get comments everywhere I go when I am wearing a bit of sparkle! It cheers everyone up!

Placed another order with Affiniti over the Christmas period so will have my first delivery of 2010 tomorrow and I can't wait.

Oh, by the way, I am wearing "Bloody Rose' at the moment which you can find on the step by step guide on the Young Nails site. This looks complicated but is much easier to do than it looks. It can be adapted in different colours and you could use the Jelly collection from NFU rather than the coloured drops, they make basically the same effect! :)

Honeycure: Oh wow! I love these. How did you do them? What did you use? A unique design.

I made some yellow tips with yellow skeleton leaves, nfu-oh yellow rainbow jelly, yellow starlight, yellow opel glitter and yellow flitter. I'm not overly keen on them but they are bright, lol.

Sheila - What did you order from nfu-oh? I would love the garden collection. I have allot of the glitter. Love the fact they come in 1/2oz sizes now.

I had a look at the bloody rose and that looks really complicated to do. Would love to learn how to do flowers. I tried to make a dragonfly the other day. It didn't come out very good. I need to order a small sculpting brush for detailed work.

The garden collection is lovely and you can get really good effects with the jelly collection as well. To be honest I haven't had anything that I haven't liked!

I have ordered some of the beautiful jewellery I think and odds and ends of other things in colours I have missed. Also the glitter cover is fab so I have ordered some of them. The oils are lovely and lots of clients comment on the bottles. I have the brushes (bit of an addict with brushes).

You should have a bash at the Bloody Rose, it really is easier than you think. Mix a little bit of acetone with your monomer, this will make the flowers keep their shape and set much faster! :)

The garden collection is lovely and you can get really good effects with the jelly collection as well. To be honest I haven't had anything that I haven't liked!

I have ordered some of the beautiful jewellery I think and odds and ends of other things in colours I have missed. Also the glitter cover is fab so I have ordered some of them. The oils are lovely and lots of clients comment on the bottles. I have the brushes (bit of an addict with brushes).

You should have a bash at the Bloody Rose, it really is easier than you think. Mix a little bit of acetone with your monomer, this will make the flowers keep their shape and set much faster! :)

Do you have a favourite smell?? Every time i think about ordering some of the oil i cant decide which one to go for! They shouldnt give us so many options!!

I use NFU.oh and love it. I havent even got on to the glittery / coloured side of things yet, just the p&w for now. Hopefully order something more exciting next month though. :)

Oh my goodness you will absolutely die for the glitters etc. There are just so many of them and they are spectacular! Honestly this is no exaggeration!
As for the oils, well it is a personal thing but I love the Jasmine but haven't tried them all yet!! :)

I get to flustered with having to much choice and end up not doing anything.
So this time I decided to do a natural set and currently have on a gorgeous green apple nail enamel, that way I can change it when I get bored (which I know will happen in the next day or so :lol:)

Latest posts

Back