newbie saying hello :-)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Margs

Reaction score
Hi, every one I found your site this morning and it looks really helpfull, fun and friendly. I live in germany and would like your expert advice please. I want to take a course in nail extensions/ manicure ... what would you advise? I have searched the internet for courses etc but I'm not sure which is right for me. I am a total newey to nails, and there seems to be quite a few different types, are any going out of date ? whats the latest techniques etc?
I need to start a profession that will give me a living and also to meet some people. Although I live in Germany I would prefer to go to England for the course, unless any one here knows where I can take a course in Germany BUT in English :) as my German is only basic... but improving slowly:cry:

I hope you all have a nice day.

margs

HIYA!! welocme to the site. you'lllearn a lot here. i know i have. if you look at the top of the screen, there is a search facility. if you do a search on training loads and loads will come up. I'm sure that will help you. i think we all do different systems on here, L&P is popular and so is gel.i personally offer silk/fibreglass, quick acrylic (which i don't like) and gel because i think it's quite important to offer more than one system. have a little search see what you find and go from there!!

sorry I can't help you with advice on where do your course, but there are lots of english geeks that could.
Welome to the site & good luck.

Hiya hun welcome to the site - i used to live in Germany & was desparate to do a course but just couldnt travel back to do one as i have a little girl,
Which part of Germany do you live in? I lived in Sennelager (Padderborn) as my Husband is in the Army.
I can highly reccomend Essential Nails - they are home learn courses, there website is www.essentialnails.com
xx

Hi and welcome to the site.

If you do a search that should help alot, but I can also recommend essential nails, it's very good if you have home commitments or are unable to travel.

I just replied but seem to have lost it! I think the internet was to slow.. oh well thats life, will have to write it again! thanks all of your for making me welcome, and the advice about the search tip. I will give it a go. I live in Cologne Shelly how did you like Germany ? This weekend was carnaval time.. lots of fun and parties.

I'll see if I can post this now without probs.:biggrin:

hi and welcome to the site

just wanted to say Hi welcome to the site.:p

Hiya,

Welcome to this fab site!

I've had a couple of visits to Cologne. I particularly remember getting thrown out of MacDonalds!!!!! I Lit up a ciggie!!!!!(In the days when i smoked!) Must of been short of brain cells that day, i know i was hungover tho! Been drinking very large stiens of lager the night before!!

I've just read this through & I can't believe i actually did that!!! It was 18 yrs ago!

Margs said:
I just replied but seem to have lost it! I think the internet was to slow.. oh well thats life, will have to write it again! thanks all of your for making me welcome, and the advice about the search tip. I will give it a go. I live in Cologne Shelly how did you like Germany ? This weekend was carnaval time.. lots of fun and parties.

I'll see if I can post this now without probs.:biggrin:
I loved it - were are probably moving back in October 2007 after my husband has finished a course he is on.
I used to love the carnivals - the Labori Fest (sp?) was my fave!!
Hope you get sorted with your course hun xxx

Hi and welcome to the site Marg... if it's training you're after then have a look through this article.
hth's x

Hi and welcome Marg x

Hello Marg! enjoy the site! :)

Latest posts

Back