Nexplanon - any one have it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thinkpink2008

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm using nexplanon as a contraceptive at the moment. I had it inserted in my left arm in oct 2011, due to be changed this October. I've noticed the last couple of months that my left arm seems bigger than my right, I know this can happen and I'm in no way skinny so have chunky arms anyway, but when I actually measured my arms there's a 3 inch difference! Which to me seems quite a lot. I know I need to see my gp and intend to do so next week, just wondering if anyone else uses it and had had similar problems?

Hey I have the same brand aswell but havent noticed change in my arms.
Although ive lost alot of weight (some people think it's good but being a size 10 before and having nice boobs to a size 6 ish and no boobs sucks :(
Definitely recommend seeing your gp. Good luck x
Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have it too but both arms are the same size thankfully! Mine is due to be removed in feb 2015. Im dreading it! It feels really embedded in there so will no doubt cause a bit of pain lol. Oh the joys! :lol:
Anyway,I would advise you to pop in and see the nurse or GP just for peace of mind although its probably nothing to worry about hun x

I had it fitted on 3rd April this year. Not noticed a difference in arm size, but it took 5-6 weeks to settle down. Up until then, I was getting unpredictable daily bleeding, and pain in my arm where it's situated. I would get a pulling / pinching sensation when moving my arm a certain way, or if it brushed against my body. The sensation used to make me shudder!

I asked the doc about this and she said it usually takes about 3 months to settle down. Funnily enough, as soon as I'd been to the docs, it pretty much stopped hurting and I haven't bled since!

I hope everything is ok with yours, all the best.

xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back