Nightmare Bio Sculpture removal!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qatarcutie

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I am doing biosculpture gel. A newbie, having only qualified this year.

I did a take off today which was a total nightmare. It took 2.5 hours and still the zone 3 area was reluctant to come off! I had used three layers of colour because it looked quite thin, but I don't think this would account for it. There was still some product left on her nails when I finished. I didn't want to start digging and scraping and she had to leave.

I used a double-soak bowl which gets quite warm, I filed just the free-edge and then wrapped in foils. I have recently had no problem with this method and normally get my nails lifting perfectly and completely off the nail plate after about 15 minutes.

Luckily my client was very understanding and did was not phased, but I now feel like a total idiot! My analysis thus far is that my base coat and top coats were both too thick, but I wonder if there was another problem somewhere.

Any advice would be welcome. I feel very shaken after this experience and have two clients tomorrow, so if I did something wrong from the off, I need to know now!

Thank you all.

Did you buff the top layer to break the seal? I always do this then pop a pad soaked in remover on the nail then wrap the finger in foil.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi Ladies

I am doing biosculpture gel. A newbie, having only qualified this year.

I did a take off today which was a total nightmare. It took 2.5 hours and still the zone 3 area was reluctant to come off! I had used three layers of colour because it looked quite thin, but I don't think this would account for it. There was still some product left on her nails when I finished. I didn't want to start digging and scraping and she had to leave.

I used a double-soak bowl which gets quite warm, I filed just the free-edge and then wrapped in foils. I have recently had no problem with this method and normally get my nails lifting perfectly and completely off the nail plate after about 15 minutes.

Luckily my client was very understanding and did was not phased, but I now feel like a total idiot! My analysis thus far is that my base coat and top coats were both too thick, but I wonder if there was another problem somewhere.

Any advice would be welcome. I feel very shaken after this experience and have two clients tomorrow, so if I did something wrong from the off, I need to know now!

Thank you all.

As the previous poster has said you must file over the whole nail before you wrap in the foils ... breaking just the free edge is not enough.

And when you think you have filed them enough you probably need to file them a bit more. If you do not file the gel down quite thin it will take ages to remove the gel.

However do not go crazy with your filing .. you must not file until you can see the natural nail because then you have gone too far and will damage the nail plate.

And also beware that you do not cause the 'rings of fire' burning sensation to your client when filing.

If you have left bits of old gel on the nail there is a possibility the new gel will start to lift.

My final and best piece of advice (in my experience) is to get yourself some Scrubfresh from Sweet Squared ... this is the single most important part of the whole nail cleansing process to ensure the nail plate is completely free of all impurities.

xx

As said above you need to file the topcoat gel off first.
When you are wrapping, what are you using? Cotton wool? Lint free wipe? Gel remover? Acetone?

Did you re wrap the nails when certain areas wouldn't budge?

Was they wrapped tight enough?

What finishing gel did you use?

Does your client use cuticle oil inbetween appointments?

Anti fungal can also help aid removal.
Xx

Thanks for the replies

I was taught to file the nail and the free edge. But I saw some posts on this forum which said just to break the seal on the free edge, so that's what I did.

I used magic wraps, which were nice and thick, for the removal.

Everything else was the same as before. I felt totally demoralised after my experience today!

As I said before, I am new to this. My 'other' job is as a clinical psychologist. I always wanted to do nails, but life diverted me and I went off and did a PhD. Now twenty-something years later I am back to doing nails, my 'true love'.

However, after having done something intensely academic, to something more hands-on and practical, I think getting true expertise in the nails is proving harder than doing my doctorate! I have a profound and newly-developed respect for all of you out there with your full beauty qualifications.

Some finishing gels, sealer gel for one (shellac too) doesn't need filing but anything stronger does.

Just make sure you have plenty of gel remover on cotton wool not a lint free wipe, that they are wrapped well, if you get any further stubborn bits, re wrap with a new cotton wool square soaked in gel remover.

If its a little bit just give it a squirt with anti fungal.

In colder times of the year a heated wheat bag is good to help speed up the soak off.

Xx

It maybe because her nails were very dry.I find older ladies with dry,ridged nails can take a lot longer.

Hi Ladies

This lady is coming back tomorrow for me to do something?? with her nails. There is still a little bit of product on and they feel rough as a result. She has also broken some so they are uneven.

I don't want to put gel on again. I am thinking of lavender base with topcoat. To give her a treatment.

I have emailed my trainer in dubai, but not go any answer yet, so I am a bit desperate for help on this one.

The lady lives a few doors down from me and I see her all the time, so I really need to get this right.

Thanks for any advice.

I would try to remove any bits left on the nail... Re do the soak off with wraps as normal.

You need to sell her some cuticle oil to use every day at home.

Are you using UV or LED to cure?

Are her nails damaged? If so regular manicures, until they are in better condition.

If the nail is ok, once you've removed the remaining gel you can do another overlay... With sculptures on the shorter nails or cut the nails down so they are all the same length.

I honestly think the problems you have had is because you didnt file down the topcoat before soaking off... Meaning the gel remover didnt soak through to aid your removal.

Did you use exc base?

Why dont you join us on the Bio sculpture group?

http://www.salongeek.com/groups/bio+sculpture+techs.html

Xx

thanks for your response steph. I am thinking also it was because I didn't file down first. I didn't use exec base, I hear so many conflicting things about it. But I will star using it again!

I will join the bio group!! :)

How did you get on? Xx

Latest posts

Back