Nightmare eyebrow wax!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloughers

Reaction score
Just had a new client for eyebrow and Brazilian. Turns out it was really a g string, but I digress. Started doing her eyebrows and she's Italian so there was quite a lot of dark brow. She said she wanted some taken from above so I did below and middle with hot wax and then strip above as per Kim. When I took the strip off she had a bald stripe on her eyebrow!!! You know I was dying thinking OMG what have I done? There was no wax on the middle of her brow! Didn't mention it for a minute then had to so said there's a bit of a bald bit in the middle and she said oh yes, there's a scar there and if doesn't grow, so obviously the hair above was covering the scar and I didn't know. Note to self, take more notice of scars!

Oops ... Hindsight is a wonderful thing. She must have known that would be the case though, how was she at the end of it?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

I always wax above the eye brow to remove fluffy and stray brows and get a nice sharp finish but never (or very rarely) remove hair from the actual brow ... a scarey moment for you and a massive relief when she told you it was ok :cool:

I did my boyfriends eyebrow last weekend - he has brows a bit like Jim's dad in American pie - I thought ill just tidy them, turns out his not got a nice feminine shape to one brow 😳thank god it's my boyfriend!! Haha - I was doing his friends after so I was in panic mode waiting for him to turn up haha 😁 I was taught never to wax above so I tend to wax below an tweeze above x

I'm italian, and have a lot of italian clients. They are the best clients to practice on... Once you've conquered the Mediterranean hair you've conquered everything!!!
Good luck'! Oh yes- watch out for scars!

Ha! Bet you held your breath for a few moments.

Remember your only removing the vellus hair with strip at the top and remember to keep brushing them through and to inspect the brow first. Glad it turned out well.

My stomach flipped Kim! There was loads of thoughts running through my head, shall I just mention it and hope she doesn't notice!!!! She kept saying sorry to me for not telling me!! Hope she comes back!

Latest posts

Back