Nightmare Mother In Law

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His mother is a regular church goer, which is fine. But she shoves it down your throat like your supposed to like it too.

She sent me an email yesterday telling me she prays for me each night... what the hell is all that about.. Do I need saving I asked my hubby... he just laughed.

lmaoooooooo

tell her that God only knows if she is genuine or not and she will go to hell for being such a boot.... :lol:

LMAO.... she'd probably have heart attack if I said that...

She doesn't believe in hell as far as I know?? Its that bad the kids can't even celebrate halloween because it's evil.... Honest I kid you not, so we had a big Halloween party last year.. HAHA:lol:

My mum was a fantastic mother in law, my husband and sisters in law adored her. She never sided with her children if we were wrong, never interfered and everyone loved her. Everyone was heartbroken when she died.

My mother in law is an odd one. shes a little old lady who moaned all about our wedding, choice of venue, offered to buy my husband a new suit cos she didnt like the one we'd chosen, complained about the seating arrangements, soup being cold, didnt stay for the evening do etc. However, when we go for sunday lunch, she always makes my favourite pudding (sticky toffee pudding to die for!) praises me to the heavens when all the old aunties are there and tells them how wonderful we are.

Never know how shes gonna be. My father in law on the other hand is an absolute sweetheart!!

I love all 3 of my daughters in law and my 2 sons in law too. In fact we all celebrated Simon's and my 25th wedding anniversary a few weeks ago in the UK up in the Lake District at a beautiful hotel ... ALL of us plus all the 7 grandchildren. We had a wonderful and memorable weekend and the cards they all wrote to us shows they love us right back.

Life is too short for all this silliness and rivalry ... you are allowing this to potentially ruin so many relationships .. why does it have to be a contest?

Take the advice my mother gave to me .... Listen Politely, and then do exactly what YOU want. Ignore what bothers YOU because it is HER problem. In other words ... rise above it and get on with your marriage and your life.

Try practicing a bit of kindness towards her and take some time to try to understand her and what motivates her to be like she is. Women (especially moms) need to be needed (but not used & abused) and need to feel appreciated ... isn't there anything you can think of to show her that you appreciate her and what she does do for you? Not one reply I have read on here shows me one ounce of sympathy or how to be positive in this situation ... where has kindness gone from peoples lives HUh??? Sounds like you positively want to torment this woman.
:smack:

I have a MIL from hell - we've pee'd her right off by doing a runner to Vegas (sept 16th) to get hitched :lol: .

This is why I am so lucky my in-laws live in another country and never come to visit!

some MIL's are a law to themselves. I have to boy's and I solemly swear I will be normal to my daughter in laws I promise.

Haha LMAO PMSL!!!! Vinegar Tits!!!! haha

Mines lovely on the other end of the spectrum.... too nice its sickening! :lol:
its my mother who is the beast from heelllll:irked: :mad:

all i can say is thank god for my mother in law she is definetly an angel
I mean who else do you call at 3 am when you have to take a young child to the hospital.not my mum shes probably out there pissed somewhere ha ha
no love lost there geeks
:irked:

I love all 3 of my daughters in law and my 2 sons in law too. In fact we all celebrated Simon's and my 25th wedding anniversary a few weeks ago in the UK up in the Lake District at a beautiful hotel ... ALL of us plus all the 7 grandchildren. We had a wonderful and memorable weekend and the cards they all wrote to us shows they love us right back.

Life is too short for all this silliness and rivalry ... you are allowing this to potentially ruin so many relationships .. why does it have to be a contest?

Take the advice my mother gave to me .... Listen Politely, and then do exactly what YOU want. Ignore what bothers YOU because it is HER problem. In other words ... rise above it and get on with your marriage and your life.

Try practicing a bit of kindness towards her and take some time to try to understand her and what motivates her to be like she is. Women (especially moms) need to be needed (but not used & abused) and need to feel appreciated ... isn't there anything you can think of to show her that you appreciate her and what she does do for you? Not one reply I have read on here shows me one ounce of sympathy or how to be positive in this situation ... where has kindness gone from peoples lives HUh??? Sounds like you positively want to torment this woman.
:smack:
congrtatulations to you and hubby geege its not often you here of people celebrating the 5th wedding anniversary ,let alone there 25th one. hope you both enjoyed the day
cheers Anne

My MIL is fantastic!!!! And we are too her to. We take her holidays (not all the time) and make sure that she is comfortable in life. It took her a long time to get used to the idea of her son marrying a divorcee with a child after only dating for 3 months and for the first few years she kept insisting to everyone that it wouldn't last, but I just rose above it and 22 years later we are still together and that is all behind us now.

congrtatulations to you and hubby geege its not often you here of people celebrating the 5th wedding anniversary ,let alone there 25th one. hope you both enjoyed the day
cheers Anne

It was all fantastic, thank you!

What surprises me about this thread is the lack of any feeling any seem to have ... as gina said, you can get beyond things and build a lovely relationship with the in laws by having a little understanding and empathy and working at it ... but one will only do this if there is a genuine wanting to make things better and have a happy life instead of a bitter feud. But of course it is easier to just call someone names and interperate their every action as horrible rather than to set out to work at making something better. To me that makes the Daughter in Law exactly the same as the Mother in Law.

My mil is quite mixed... one day i am the daughter she had always wanted, the next she accuses me of trying to freeze my kids by what they are wareing (they get themselfs dressed now.. 11 and 8) when i had major surgery she flew over from the south of france and looked after me and family until i was well enough to travel and took me back to france for 6 weeks with kids and waited on me hand and foot.. but on the other hand anything i say che critazies the way i bring up the kids is never right.. she has admitted she does not have the same feeling for the 8yr as the 11yr(first grandchild) but when he was diagnosed with adhd she suddenley cant cope with him anymore(11yr) it got to a point where we have stopped holidaying with them cos hubby and i would argue and hubby shouted at her and no more south of france holidays my mil is a human jakel and hyde.. god help me when she hits meno,:irked:

Tell yourself what a wicked old bag she is and just be grateful that you are not related to her.
Small comfort I know but I find it gives me a sneakily good feeling.

Latest posts

Back