Nightmare soak offs!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taylorxxx

Reaction score
Hi, my soak offs are taking me like an hour and a half to remove acrylics?!

Is there a good or bad acetone?
I'm using the one from Sally's

Thanks

Can you talk us through how you do your soak offs? Eg. Do you file off the bulk then use foil and cotton wraps? Do you just use wraps straight away? Do you soak in bowls of acetone? We should be able to help cut down your time :)

Beauty Therapist and Training Associate

I always cut the nails down, file off the top layer and then soak in a bowl of acetone.

I'm not sure if I should maybe file more off.

I've had a few clients who have come from the discount salons and it has took ages for the acrylic to soak off!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that when I tried soaking acrylic off in a bowl it took forever but now that I do as the PP recommended, which is to file the nail down, then soak a cotton pad in acetone then Wrap the nail in foil, they come of in 20 minutes! It's super easy and uses less acetone, not to mention less of the clients finger is in direct contact with the acetone. Try it out. :)

I always cut the nails down, file off the top layer and then soak in a bowl of acetone.

I'm not sure if I should maybe file more off.

I've had a few clients who have come from the discount salons and it has took ages for the acrylic to soak off!

There is a lot of people on here that don't soak off anyone else's work. They don't necessarily use a reputable brand of acrylic and this is why it takes longer. I am using NSI L & P and it takes me about 20 mins or so. I also use cotton wool pads soaked in acetone and wrapped in foil. X

ohh thankyou I'm defiantly going to try that! I use nsi too :)

I still soak the nails in a bowl of acetone, I find wrapping nails in foil takes longer :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I find that a lot of clients who have nails done at 'non branded' salons take a long time as the product is like sticky glue. I have stopped doing it as not financially viable time wise and not advised by good educators. I always file of bulk, apply soaked cotton wool in either acetone or nourishing remover by cnd (much kinder to nail), then wrap in foil and cover hands with a warmed towel. It should take no more than 15-20 mins xxxx

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Cheryl Sait-Parkinson

Latest posts

Back