Nioxin trial and testing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLou

Reaction score
Hello geeks, I have just ordered some nioxin 4 for my hair. After reading mainly good reviews on this product I have decided to give it a bash.

I'm planning on putting on here my own review of the product and thought I'd put why I'm using it so maybe any other geeks with the same problem as me could use this to their advantage or to gain knowledge on this product for your clients maybe. Just thought it maybe of some Interest :)

The reason for me using this product- over the last 3 years my hair has thinned rapidly! It's got to the point where it's scarily thin, I've tried victims but forget to take them regularly. I do colour my hair but I only use a semi permanent every 6-8 weeks and normally only on the roots, the ends every 5-6 months I'd say. I do use straighteners on it but not everyday. In the last 3 years my diet has changed rapidly, I've lost a lot of weight and my diet is a lot healthier but fewer calories now. I'd like to get my hair back to a thicker feel and hopefully encourage it to grow.

My product is the box of no 4, it should arrive by Wednesday, i will put updates on here so please check out the progress if interested or if you have used this product I'd love to know your thoughts on it.

Here's to hopefully thicker hair!! :)

I'm sure this will be helpful to many so than you for sharing. What products are you actually trialling? Shampoo conditioner???

Just by reading your info though it seems like your hair has thinned because you've lost the weight - are you sure you are actually eating enough? Could you be anaemic? as I know that causes hair thinning?

Lastly did you mean you've tried vitamins rather than "victims"?! Lol ;) x

I will be watching this thread with interest, Aston and Fincher are soon to be stocking it and I am thinking of selling it in the shop as I have heard very good feedback on it

I'm using nioxin at the min number 5. As I had a baby 22 weeks ago and it's falling out like crazy. Trained in nioxin a while ago and thought I would give it ago been using it for about 2 weeks and so far so good. I did my dermabrasion which you do first before you use the 3 part system and I'm also using scalp renewal density protection every nite fingers crossed xx

I'm sure this will be helpful to many so than you for sharing. What products are you actually trialling? Shampoo conditioner???

Just by reading your info though it seems like your hair has thinned because you've lost the weight - are you sure you are actually eating enough? Could you be anaemic? as I know that causes hair thinning?

Lastly did you mean you've tried vitamins rather than "victims"?! Lol ;) x

I am trialling the box of number 4 so shampoo, conditioner and a scalp treatment.

Yes I agree with you I think to begin with it was the rapid change in diet but its been steady for the last 2 years, I still have treats and the last few months I have been having more treats! Lol I don't go without my chocolate or crisps or bread now if I want it that bad but when I am strict my diet has cerial, salad, evening meals consist of a form of meat (normally fish) vegetables and normally potatoes or rice so I think it's more stress related, the last 3 years have been a roller coaster and when I look back there's been a lot of change and heartache so I think that may be responsible! Been tested for all sorts also in this time and I've come back clear for all.

I'm trying to look after myself now with regular exercise, healthy diet, healthy mental thinking and hopefully with the help of nioxin healthy hair!!! :)

Haha yea I did mean vitamins!!! I don't have any victims haha xx

Oh god yeah stress is a killer to my hair too. I agree, if you've had tests and they've all come back clear, then it probably is stress then as your diet sounds good (way better than mine lol).

So are you just going to shampoo, condition then use the scalp treatment? Does the scalp treatment get left in or washed out? How many times a week will you be washing your hair?

There's so many numbers in the nioxin systems, so confusing! Is number 4 for thin or coloured hair?

This is going to make really interesting reading , thank you very much for trialling :)

[QUOTE=Chantelle
(Why do your quotes never come up??)

Hi Chantelle, what is the dermabrasion part if you don't mind me asking? Is it a faff to do on long hair? Do you have to be trained in hair to do it?! What system is the number 5?

Good luck with it all and at least yours has a happy reason it's gone a bit thin - I'd much prefer a baby over stress hahahaha x

You shampoo and condition the scalp I tend to use my own conditioner on the ends towel dry they apply the treatment 5 squirts on your scalp by parting your hair 2 at the front 1 on the crown and 2 and the back and massage it into the scalp. If you get in on your face it will go read but after about half hour it goes. Your better off doing a scalp dermabrasion which you a apply to the scalp in a grid pattern and the massage for 1 min then leave for 10 mins. Wash off and use the nioxin shampoo conditioner and treatment. This cleans out all you follicles and alows the hair to grow. clears scalp from all dirt grease and debris. You should use this every 6 weeks to get the most from nioxin. I'm also using nioxin scalp renew density protection which is a follow up treatment from the dermabrasion you use it everynight. There are also different products for bald patches ect. There are different 3 part systems for different hair types I've attached a diagram. Hope this helps xc ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1377518092.650014.jpg

Thanks Chantelle that's really helpful. Still sounds a bit complicated though - does the box set come with instructions/grid diagrams?

Miss Lou - are you doing this dermabrasion thing too? x

Thanks Chantelle that's really helpful. Still sounds a bit complicated though - does the box set come with instructions/grid diagrams?

Miss Lou - are you doing this dermabrasion thing too? x

Yeah it does x

I'm interested in the result. Also, Philip Kingsley is great for thinning hair.

May I ask if you could send a pic in but I totally understand if you don't want to. It's just a thought so we can see the before and after results.

Yes of
Course!! That's a very good idea!! Thanks for that, we can all see the try results then :) my hair is shocking at the moment so please don't judge me haha I'm planning on having it all chopped into a sophisticated bob after my trial on nioxin, don't want a flat bob lol

Yes of
Course!! That's a very good idea!! Thanks for that, we can all see the try results then :) my hair is shocking at the moment so please don't judge me haha I'm planning on having it all chopped into a sophisticated bob after my trial on nioxin, don't want a flat bob lol

Aw bless ya, we ain't gonna judge you - sounds like we're all in the same boat!

Oh god yeah stress is a killer to my hair too. I agree, if you've had tests and they've all come back clear, then it probably is stress then as your diet sounds good (way better than mine lol).

So are you just going to shampoo, condition then use the scalp treatment? Does the scalp treatment get left in or washed out? How many times a week will you be washing your hair?

There's so many numbers in the nioxin systems, so confusing! Is number 4 for thin or coloured hair?

This is going to make really interesting reading , thank you very much for trialling :)

Well diet hasn't been amazing the past 2 weeks but hey I'm on a little mission, diet hair the lot!! Haha

I'm new to nioxin so appologise if I'm spend anywhere but from understanding there's 6 products, ones for natural thinning hair, naturally fine or naturally corse ones for thinning hair due to chemical treatments and ones for noticeable thinning hair or slight thinning hair. They have little charts that you can work out what number you are but says on the boxes which one is for what. So I picked no 4 which is for noticeable thinning hair, fine hair, chemically treated. I wash my hair normally every other day but this changes dramatically week to week with my work and if I fit in any exercise. I will try do every other day but sometimes it will be everyday for a few days or ill skip 2-3 days due to little time. (I lead each week massively different!) so it's a normal shampoo and then a conditioner and then a treatment, I think it's like a mousse, not sure as don't have it yet, you leave this treatment in.

The idea as previously said is to clear all the crap out the hair and at the scalp to remove any blockages with product diet or sebum once this is gone its encourages the hair to grow more thicker and healthier.....

So we shall see what happens!! Im glad some ppl will find this trial interesting, least its goin to be coming from a real source with daily updates and photos so we can all see what products do work and don't. I'm really intrigued so I'm pretty excited to get going and get everyone else's thoughts on this trial too!!! :)

Well diet hasn't been amazing the past 2 weeks but hey I'm on a little mission, diet hair the lot!! Haha

I'm new to nioxin so appologise if I'm spend anywhere but from understanding there's 6 products, ones for natural thinning hair, naturally fine or naturally corse ones for thinning hair due to chemical treatments and ones for noticeable thinning hair or slight thinning hair. They have little charts that you can work out what number you are but says on the boxes which one is for what. So I picked no 4 which is for noticeable thinning hair, fine hair, chemically treated. I wash my hair normally every other day but this changes dramatically week to week with my work and if I fit in any exercise. I will try do every other day but sometimes it will be everyday for a few days or ill skip 2-3 days due to little time. (I lead each week massively different!) so it's a normal shampoo and then a conditioner and then a treatment, I think it's like a mousse, not sure as don't have it yet, you leave this treatment in.

The idea as previously said is to clear all the crap out the hair and at the scalp to remove any blockages with product diet or sebum once this is gone its encourages the hair to grow more thicker and healthier.....

So we shall see what happens!! Im glad some ppl will find this trial interesting, least its goin to be coming from a real source with daily updates and photos so we can all see what products do work and don't. I'm really intrigued so I'm pretty excited to get going and get everyone else's thoughts on this trial too!!! :)

I'd be a number 4 aswell then. Yep this is gonna be good ;)

I used it a lot last year like you my hair was thinning so quickly , I lime nioxin and thought it was a good product , I might order some now I've read this lol Xxx

I used it a lot last year like you my hair was thinning so quickly , I lime nioxin and thought it was a good product , I might order some now I've read this lol Xxx

Well that's very promising!!!! Can't wait to get started on it!!! :)

Great thread this. I personally think that many women suffer from thinning hair due to all sorts. In particular, female pattern baldness. I have been a sufferer for a few years now and so have an awful lot I can share with you all. Let me know if its something you'd like to learn from and I'll start a separate thread. X

I had my dad as my guinea pig, he is noticablly thinning on the crown! So I got him no 6-salon supplies had started stocking it.

I trailed it in september/october 2012 and within a month he had dark- almost jet black stubble growth. It really is amazing, quite noticable as hes a salt and pepper shades of grey!

He has used it since last year and its growing well, takes a bit of time but it does work.... He treats it like the hoily grail!

I was more astonished that the regrowth was not grey but black!

For me to sell and stock this product, i was more convinced when i saw it work on someone i had seen visable lose and regrow. xoxo

Latest posts

Back