Nits!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahnailz

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Was just wondering how many of you have had to deal with their Kids having headlice the past few weeks?

My Darling Daughter came home from school today crawling!!!!! I have never seen or had nits before and it freaked us both out. I put the non stinky solution on and combed her long hair. 8 lice came out in total. Does anyone know if there is anything natural out there to keep them away?

Thanks all xx

Hi Everyone

Was just wondering how many of you have had to deal with their Kids having headlice the past few weeks?

My Darling Daughter came home from school today crawling!!!!! I have never seen or had nits before and it freaked us both out. I put the non stinky solution on and combed her long hair. 8 lice came out in total. Does anyone know if there is anything natural out there to keep them away?

Thanks all xx

T tree is an excellent natural product,it's important to make sure the hair is free of infestation first though,then use a T tree conditioner and Add some drops of T tree to water and spray the hair every morning before your daughter goes to school.Keep the hair tied back and check regularly.

Clean all brushes and ensure there are no eggs on any brushes or combes.It is a pain I know but prevention is better than cure.HTH:hug:

tea tree shampoo is ment to help.
xx

ipharm

I bought one of these when my kids were in junior school, was great! No chemicals for the nits to become immune to and it really cleared them up - and my daughter was crawling with them! Yukkk

I've been using Tea-Tree oil shampoo from Melaleuca since my girls started pre-school (they did 2yrs each) and add tea-tree oil to their conditioner.
I also spray their hair before their ponytails/braids each morning with a 8oz bottle of water that has about 5 drops each of tea-tree oil and essential oil of lavender.
Apparently, lice don't like lavender either.

Neither have had lice (knock on wood) and in both their school classes, there have been outbreaks. In Mereena's kindergarten class, there was 5 outbreaks just between fall and xmas alone.
They both have hair to their waists that is frequently loose.

My money is on tea-tree oil.
(the GOOD stuff... not the diluted/coloured crap that's for aromatherapy, but the real deal)

hth's

I found one on my daughter the other week. I bought Hedrin and a Nitty Gritty comb which is fab. I also bought tea-tree shampoo and conditioner. I was lucky as i couldn't find eggs only this 1 live one. I became obsessed tho and said i was looking for pink fluff. Still checking now and doesn't seem to be any more .

And she's only 3.5 so am trying to bribe her to keep hair back but not having much luck at min!

hedrin..its fantastic. no chemicals. lice dont get imune. it coats the lice and suffocates them and they just fall off within minutes. you dont even need to comb. iv got 3 daughters , all with long thick hair and were forever getting nits when they were at junior school. combing with conditioner is a real chore and you always miss a couple. lyclear is rubbish, smells horrible and doesnt actually kill them. hedrin is a break through. i wouldnt use anything else .

Thanks everyone. I have a lavender, rosemary and t tree spray and I have tightly plaited her hair. I shall have to send my Hubby to boots to get some of this hedrin stuff.

xxx

The Nitty Gritty comb is fab! We used Hedrin to get rid of them and then comb him with the Nitty Gritty comb every evening. My 3 year old has picked them up at nursery several times and I can catch them straight away with the comb before they start multiplying like mad! Definately worth investing in!

For a natural nit solution try Head Lice Bomb by Eco Kid. It's made up of 99% organic ingredients including essential oils. It comes with a comb too.

Eco.Kid

Latest posts

Back