NNO Cracking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purplebunnies

Reaction score
I did a set of NNO (P&W) on a new client 2 saturdays ago. She called me last week to say they're lifting, so i went there straight away and 4 fingers were lifting but only near the cuticle and it was absolutely minimal. (but i rather she called so i could fix it than pick it off)

Any way i filed out the lifting and applied a primer thinking this may help to stop future lifting and reapplied. I'm due to see her this Saturday for her infils, she has text me this morning and said that ''the white tips are cracking and spiltting down to the pink'' As its a nno and they're very short i cant see how they're cracking vertically down the nail.

I know i need to see them to see excatly what she means.

But has anyone got any ideas as to what could cause this? could it be my ratio? is she secretly a nail nibbler?

Her teeth, if she is a nibbler she may be a closet one(haha). I have a client who does this with out even thinking about it she puts them in her mouth side ways(if that makes sense, teeth on either side of the side wall) and bites she only realises she's doing it when it cracks.

Her teeth, if she is a nibbler she may be a closet one(haha). I have a client who does this with out even thinking about it she puts them in her mouth side ways(if that makes sense, teeth on either side of the side wall) and bites she only realises she's doing it when it cracks.

This is very likely the explanation of a crack which goes vertically in the middle from free edge to cuticle. I

I would definately say she is putting them in her mouth and pinching the nail, maybe just to flex it, but obviously this will cause the tip to crack.

Make sure you charge for all the repairs you do and not think that it is something you are doing. Eventually she will realise it will get costly unless she stops putting them in her mouth.

How would i go about telling her this is the case? She is a new client and i have yet to build up a rapor. She seems the type of person to refuse to believe she is doing this.

Dont want to lose her as a client but I dont want to admit to something thats not my fault either.

How would i go about telling her this is the case? She is a new client and i have yet to build up a rapor. She seems the type of person to refuse to believe she is doing this.

Dont want to lose her as a client but I dont want to admit to something thats not my fault either.

Tell it to her straight! I am sure you can do this as well as being polite at the same time!

My regulars i would come straight out with it and debate the point it they denied it. But as nails have been dead for me virtually for 6 months ( i moved from the hair salon where i rented a place to home) I feel my confidence has been knocked slightly and feel like i did when i first started out by trying to make clients happy all the time and give ''the customer is always right'' attitude.

I shall do it though and hold my ground.

My regulars i would come straight out with it and debate the point it they denied it. But as nails have been dead for me virtually for 6 months ( i moved from the hair salon where i rented a place to home) I feel my confidence has been knocked slightly and feel like i did when i first started out by trying to make clients happy all the time and give ''the customer is always right'' attitude.

I shall do it though and hold my ground.

If you dont hold your ground then you will be losing out financially so you would be financially worse off than if you hadnt have done them in the beginning!

Thanks for your encouragement:hug: . i've caught the lurgi and feel sorry for myself so needed that little confidence push.

Her infils are booked for saturday, so i'll let you know how i get on.
xx

Keep your chin up hun, i have been in this situation myself and when you are quiet you are almost willing to do anything to keep them.

I have learnt the hard way though that if you put yourself out for some clients, they end up taking you for granted and thinking you are a push over. I'm not saying you are one at all, but that's the ipression we can sometimes give when our confidence is going through alow time.

If you act confident when politely saying to a client that the only thing that causes this sort of cracking is if they are put into the mouth and played with, this might encourage her to own up. Thing is a lot of clients don't even realise they are doing it, till it's too late.

Just don;t let her off as i said before and charge her for all repairs, or it will end up costing you money then its not worth your time or effort.:hug:

Thanks for your encouragement:hug: . i've caught the lurgi and feel sorry for myself so needed that little confidence push.

Her infils are booked for saturday, so i'll let you know how i get on.
xx
Here's a kick up the bum from me!:smack: from a fellow tech who has experienced very much the same thing in the past.:) It definitely is all about how confident you come across and once you break the ice with her, you'll be winning!!

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back