No apex on nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karenrose

Reaction score
Hiya!
I had a client in the other day for nails and the day after she came back complaining they were uneven! When it was infact the apex. I explained the reason for this and she wasnt happy and said every set of nails she has had before has been flat.She insisted I fix them so they are flat but I refused. I said this is the way I was taught and I know that by doing it flat they will break, as when I was practising when learning I didnt do enough of an apex and within days they were breaking off. And as there was nothing wrong with her nails I wasnt prepared to redo them as I know they would break and she will come back complaining about it!

Then today I had a client in for other treatments and she had enhancements on with fancy nail art. So when I was admiring them up close I noticed they were completly flat! I asked if it was tips or an overlay and she said tips! And she has been going to this chinese lady for years and not once has a nail ever broken off! I explained about the apex etc and she said that her cousin does nails so she knows nails should have one but the way the chinese lady does them is flat but shes never had a problem. The lady has her own salon and is always busy.
Is she just a lucky person in that her nails never break? Or is there an actual way to do nails so that you dont need the apex? Or a particular product.
Not that I would use that way or product but Im just curious as to how some people can be sucessful at nails by not doing an apex ?

Could they be MMA nails? Etching the nail plate helps with adhesion and a lot of NSS I beleive etch quite heavily? Sure someone will be able to help further though x

I was actually thinking at first they could be and thats why they are so strong. But she says she never has a problem soaking them off! As she will go through spells of wearing nails for months then having a break!
Sorry whats NSS?x

non standard salon.

loads about it in the search facility, but you can pretty much imagine what it means just by the title.

Latest posts

Back