No luck with gel polishes please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrea71

Reaction score
i have spent so much money on Polish pro (nsi) gel varnishes and i am so out of pocket as every single client i have used them on i have had to redo the next day as none have stayed on longer than 24 hours. i have no trouuble at all on the toes just thje hands?? so i gave up on that product and spent loads on the Gelish range which i am having the same problems with. I am doing everything rite as far as i am aware eg putting on thinly, two coats, base coat, top coat etc. i have noticed i only have a 9 watt uv lamp could this be the problem? :sad::?:

Yes, I think your lamp is the problem and so the gel isn't curing properly. You need a 36 watt UV or one of the new LED lamps. I bought an LED from ebay and it cures each layer of Gelish in 30 secs. Brilliant.

If when you get your new lamp you are still having problems you can always ring Nail Harmony for advice, they have been great with me whenever Ive had any problems, talking me through step by step where I may have been going wrong - It does sound like your lamp though!

I believe you need a 36w lamp.

There is also some trick with Gelish where you can use Structure Gel underneath to make it last longer. I am not the person to explain this as I don't do it. Maybe try the Gelish Lovers Group?

You may also find that with a 36w lamp the performance of your Polish Pro improves too. Although I have no idea about Polish Pro, never used it.

i would say deffo the lamp gelish needs to be cured in a 36 watt lamp my gelish started havin problems not lasting changed the bulbs in my 36 uv lamp n been fine ever since xx

Hey

I would definately try another lamp, i got my 36 watt lamp from Ebay for about £15 including the delivery, so not that expensive and would probably mean getting the best use out of the products you have purchased already :)

Hi Hun u need a 36 watt lamp I would recommend u buy the Nsi one as polish pro is there product and it's recommend by them! :) x

Latest posts

Back