No sleep for almost 2 years - ezcema help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dermal 500 for the bath, & double base cream is excellent! It goes on like a cream and turns into a kind of oily gel, very soothing! i used on both of mine that had eczema worked like a dream!!!
I also use the double base on my hands which get bad with it. The absolute key to getting the skin good is being religious with the lotion applications even when their skin is good minute you stop their skin takes a dive again :( i hope it clears. Up soon horrible for baby ( and you!)

Ive suffered with eczema on my face for years and couldn't use hydrocortisone as it's by my eyes so I used doublebase which was great but made my eyes swell up. I was at my wits end.

My OH mum suggested cutting out cows milk as 4 of her kids had bad eczema and this helped apparently, I was really sceptical but I switched to soya/almond milk and it's worked a treat! I don't cut out butter or milk in ready made foods but I just limit the amount I have. The only time I flare up now is if I've had a yogurt or lot's of cheese or tea in someone else's house and now you can get a lot of soya or goat milk products I can still enjoy yogurts without the scabby face :)

It might not work for everyone but it's worth a try and you can use soya/almond milk as a cows milk substitute from 2 years of age I think xxx

Go vegan for a month.

Ditto to alot of advice given esp about dairy, this can be one of the culprits to skin flare ups like exzhma, acne ,psoriosis i would reccomend switching to goats milk for a little while see if that makes a difference. google goats milk and excema for lots of insight to how it can help.

* another advocate for aloe vera gel esp the forever living as stated from a previous poster.(not sure if children can use it but def a consideration for adult sufferers)

* stop using anything on the hair, skin that contains parabens, sls.fragrance or perfume also wash clothes in ecover or non bio

* and give coconut oil a try on the excema patches. make sure its virgin oil thats 100% natural . its in a solid form and just warm a small amount in your hands until it turns to oil and apply to patches.

Last edited:
I also agree with the aveeno posts, it is absolutely amazing, i use this on myself a few times daily and it keeps the eczema at bay, its my miracle cream, i always have a bottle of it with me
:)

My son developed eczema at 6 weeks, it was terrible totally understand how hard it is on the poor little ones and yourself with lack of sleep.
Yes as mentioned defo piriton before bed, all cotton clothing, oilatum/plus in bath, cotton bedding as sheets sometimes have polyester in. Best thing we invested in wasa silk duvet,made such a difference.
Also keeping room a bit cool.
Washing powder, fairy or surcharge or filetti all worked for us.
I highly recommend visits to a salt cave if you live near any.
Aalgo seaweed powder helped too in bath.
Good luck, my son's is so much better 7 was our magic age.
Xxx

Hi

I am not sure if anyone has already mentioned it but pure organic coconut oil will get rid or it. It is 100% natural so it will be very gentle on the skin.

My sister had excema for years and tried all kind of medications including steroids, nothing got rid of it. I then found the benefits of coconut oil and advised her to use it. It is the only thing that has ever cleared her excema, I swear by it.

Do yourself a favour and look up the benefits online, if you do buy some make sure it is the pure organic type.

Good luck x

HI natiece yes i recommended the coconut oil in a earlier post and totally advocate it, it has so many amazing advantages so totally agree with you on this one, its nice to find another coconut oil lover! I recommend to OP to google about its advanteges for eczema and psoriosis and surely its better to give something thats 100% natural a shot. Good luck with whatever you decide and hope your little one gets a cure soon. xx

some great advice on here for the OP.

Only thing I'd add is not to have a bath just before bedtime - try to have it earlier in the day and keep it fairly cool. Really really helped my little one.

Hi. Just thought I would also add that if you are going to cut out dairy (which is also the cause of my sons eczema) that you need to cut it out for over 6 weeks. The dietician told me this us how long things take to come out of our system.
HTH. Jade.

Hiya, I have testimonials for our products for excema, if you would like further information, email me on [email protected] :) x

Goats milk helped my 2 girls eczema also a water softener helped massively with the whole family's skin and hair.

Hi, I make cosmetics with natural ingredients and have had lots of enquiries on making a product to help eczema sufferers so its something I've been working on. It seems there are lots of alternative products available but it can be very expensive trying different ones that may or may not work for each individual. I'll be happy to send you a jar of mine foc if you'd like to try it out, just pm me xxx

This is not cream related what-so-ever but at bath time, get a clean pair of tights (thin ones) put oats into the bottom and run the water through the tights from the open end of tights, if you know what i mean, haha.

or if LO will allow, put oats in the actual bath. its very messy but really really helps.

HTH :)

My daughter is three and started with eczema about eight months ago. Mostly on her legs but has the odd outbreak on her stomach back and arms when its bad. We have tried loads of creams that work for a week then seem to not do as well, although i have noticed that keeping up a routine is essential, creaming day and night and a bath everyday! Missing one creaming makes it come out again, which is really frustrating! We use oilatum bath and slap her with aqueous cream in the bath, then use diprobase cream after the bath, very similar to double base cream

.....we use a steroid cream on the worse areas at night and it seems to be getting better, it was really bad last week! I think its a thing they will grow out of, when is another matter! We had suspicions that our feather duvet was a factor so we have changed that and she doesn't seem to scratch as much at night!? I tried changing her cereal milk to soya but she wasn't having it! Shes out in the sun at the min and im hoping that will help!

Latest posts

Back