Non Professionals And Colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fayevix

Reaction score
Is it just me or... Do you find most of the posts are from non professionals quoting shades they have seen in the colour chart??
This is really starting to annoy me, I thoughy SG was meant to be a forum for trained therapists and stylists?
Im not usually one to rant, but on this occasion im going to.
I feel as though people are using our advice and going to their local salon supplies and doing their own colours etc themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

non hair pro's really do spout some twaddle on the hair forum. Also winds me up, and I report the post.
You are supposed to be a hair pro to give advice in the pro hair forum, but every man and his dog thinks they know better than those of us that do it for our living.

I like to read the hair forum (as there are some great threads there) but would never dream of giving advice.

This reminds me of a friend of mine who did a dodgy home colour job (red underneath, bleached blonde on top, when the two-tone look was in). She took me to Sally's and was advised to use a professional colour remover (I can't remember the exact name) and for me to apply it in the garden (in case it lets off fumes). I refused to!

I too love reading it. I think us nail techs get similar problems x

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

I love reading it, and finding out what others would do, and get advice etc,
but people are using it for the wrong reasons.
It really gets me how easy people think hairdressing or beauty is.
It's a bloody hard job x

non hair pro's really do spout some twaddle on the hair forum. Also winds me up, and I report the post.
You are supposed to be a hair pro to give advice in the pro hair forum, but every man and his dog thinks they know better than those of us that do it for our living.

And sometimes the dog could give better advice than the non hair pro!!

Jacqui xx

Latest posts

Back