not a happy bunny with nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kittenclaws

gona be slim geek
Reaction score
i woke thismorning thinking boy i look rough so went to a local beauty bar and booked to have eyebrow wax, eyelash perm and l&p nails, they use creative products and as for the eyelash perm i thought so many people recomended it so i would give it a try,

wish i hadnt bothered,
the eyebrow wax ............was great, justwhat i wanted,
the eyelash perm............ cant notice any diference with or without mascara
nails..........omg i gona soak them off i think, they are nasty,
they all have like a dark shadow along them so it looks like i have dirt under them, they are full of bubbles, and they are menat to be pink and whites, they look pink and grey
they didnt look so bad untill i had left the shop and looked at them in day light which i didnt do untill i picked the kids up as i was running late, i paid £73 for the whole experience, iknow i should go back and say something but i feel quite sorry for them as business is really bad for them, they had noone else there while i was there
im just really miffed as the nails are not up to my standards, i should have gone to jackie for my nails as she did a great job before, i just thought it would be easier to get it all done in one go, lol, i learnt my lesson, always ask a geek to do them in future

Hi Tracy,

I thought your last sentence was so typical of the attitude of the general public LOL - so many people put up with sub standard nails because it is easier to get it all done in one place.

Why not learn to do your own nails - it is your best advert - good and bad. Why advertise someone elses work.

Would we have the same attitude in other areas of our lives? hmmm I wonder.

Good post though.

This is really bad take a photo before you soak off so we can all see I would like to see what they look like.

You will know next time what to do!!!

Oh I bet you are mad.

Caz xxx

i learnt a very big lesson, i had never seen a set of nails that had come out of this salon, now i kow why,
never again,
i cant seem to do my own, i have tryed loads of times but cant seem to do it, i will keep trying though
naturalnails said:
Hi Tracy,

I thought your last sentence was so typical of the attitude of the general public LOL - so many people put up with sub standard nails because it is easier to get it all done in one place.

Why not learn to do your own nails - it is your best advert - good and bad. Why advertise someone elses work.

Would we have the same attitude in other areas of our lives? hmmm I wonder.

Good post though.

If i spent all that money and it wasnt up to standard then i would call back defo!! Its not your fault the salon is not doing well, it just shows why not! My mum gets her eyelashes tinted and i dont notice any difference at all, but she thiks there is. The next time spend your money wisely and definetly go with a geek.

P.S. You look great in your new photo!

thanks for the compliment about the new photo:D

here are some pics of the nails, you cant really see in the pics just how bad they are but you can see some of the dirty looking lines and the bubles

Attachments

• nails1.jpg
    nails1.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 339
  • nails2.jpg
    nails2.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 316
  • nails3.jpg
    nails3.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 348
are they sculpts or tips? cant really see the bubbles but what i could see appears to be your natural nail showing through, is it or if not what is it????

nailsbynikki said:
are they sculpts or tips? cant really see the bubbles but what i could see appears to be your natural nail showing through, is it or if not what is it????

no there tips with while and pink l&p, as for what is showig through, i dont hae a clue,
all i can think is she has put the white to low and that has caused a shadow from the edge of my free edge, it looks like dirty lines

what products did the tech use? and where they white tip or white over natural? and were they a new full set?

just had another good look ans it seems to be (correct me if im wrong!!!) natural tips applied and not blended properly showing through the pink?????? maybe??????????

Hi Tracy, the smile line looks ok, the tips look too wide though, tell me where you got them done, was it that new place in Adeyfield by any chance?

Tracey I have the same problem with not being able to do my right hand, as my left hand just wont do what I want it to! So I have invested in the Extreeme Dipping system which I use quite easily on my right hand as its more of a 'paint on' resin and then dip in the poweder, it so easy to do that you cannot do a bad job, even if you are using your left hand to do it. Why not try it for yourself sometime. I have listed below the order of application for you to see how easy it is.

prep as you normally would
size tips and pre tailor to suit
paint on one coat of resin on all nails, and spray to set
attach tips (as you normally would) then cut and file to size.
paint on a strip of resin across the tip joint line, and then dip in powder
paint on resint to entire nail, dip and then paint resin over top, and spray again to set.

After doing all 10 nails then its a quick buff over with a white sanding block, and a quick swizz down the side walls. Buff to a high shine as you normally do and hey presto, lovely nails.

Hi

At least I'll recognise you tomorrow. You'll be the woman wearing gloves:D lol.
Only jokin'

I think it looks like what you said your natural nail and the smile not covering it properly. I did this to my auntie when i first done her nails and it looked dirty like yours. Or it may be that the tip has not been blended properly.

jac extreme said:
Hi Tracy, the smile line looks ok, the tips look too wide though, tell me where you got them done, was it that new place in Adeyfield by any chance?

they were done at the beauty place at the deans shops,
they are natural tip with white overlay, she used creative p&w
one of the things she used that i have never had used on my nails before was tip blender, would this have caused it?

shanp said:
Hi

At least I'll recognise you tomorrow. You'll be the woman wearing gloves:D lol.
Only jokin'

lol, i'll keep them on untill tomarow to show you so someone other than me can see how bad they are,
:cry:

I was told that tip blenders are acetone based and can continue to work even after you have applyed the acrylic, dont know about the grey areas, I am going to pm you about that place .

on the fingers it actually looks like while blending she has been filing some of your natural nail plate in the process, and instead of thinning out the whole tip has just concentrated on the seem line...me thinks??????

*JOANNE* said:
on the fingers it actually looks like while blending she has been filing some of your natural nail plate in the process, and instead of thinning out the whole tip has just concentrated on the seem line...me thinks??????

maybe this is why it hurt (burnt) a couple of times
i really feel like a plonker, all the signs were there, the burning, the not haveing enough tips so haveing to leave me wit a mag while she went to the suppliers, the rotton (and i mean rotton) bufing block that was completely shredded, the list goes on, but at the time i felt bad as i knew i was ther only client all afternoon:cry:
i admit IM AN IDIOT

she left you in the salon on your own???

Back