not a happy bunny with nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jac extreme said:
she left you in the salon on your own???
no there was another girl wandering about

Put yourself in their shoes. If someone was unhappy with your work then wouldn't you want to know about it and get a chance to correct it. If you don't know that you are doing things rwong then how can learn to get better. Phone them and see what they say. (saying that I had a crap set done a few years back and I just couldn't be arsed to go back)

My eyelashes don't perm well, but an eyelash perm takes about an hour so maybe they didn't leave the product onlong enough, or they may not have neutralised it properly.

she spent 20 min in total doingmy eyelash perm
im gona give her a call in the morning and just see what she sais,
Sassy Hassy said:
Put yourself in their shoes. If someone was unhappy with your work then wouldn't you want to know about it and get a chance to correct it. If you don't know that you are doing things rwong then how can learn to get better. Phone them and see what they say. (saying that I had a crap set done a few years back and I just couldn't be arsed to go back)

My eyelashes don't perm well, but an eyelash perm takes about an hour so maybe they didn't leave the product onlong enough, or they may not have neutralised it properly.

Yes I would also say your own nail bed looks a bit red as if she has filed on this :eek: .

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Caz xxx

kittenclaws said:
she spent 20 min in total doingmy eyelash perm
im gona give her a call in the morning and just see what she sais,

It does vary from product to product, but the salon system one I use takes as follows
about 10 mins to apply rollers depending on how quick you can get the lashes to stick! Takes my ruddy ages!

12 mins for the perming solution to take
12 mins for the neutraliser
5 mins for the conditioner

and about another 5 - 10 minutes to remove.

BTW did you have a patch test done at least 24 hours before - you need a test for each solution and the glue they use. If they did it without this then they are seriously out of order and VERY unprofessional!

no i didnt have a patch test, i walked in and said can i have, nails eyelashes and eyebrows done and she said yes i can do it streight away

Sassy Hassy said:
It does vary from product to product, but the salon system one I use takes as follows
about 10 mins to apply rollers depending on how quick you can get the lashes to stick! Takes my ruddy ages!

12 mins for the perming solution to take
12 mins for the neutraliser
5 mins for the conditioner

and about another 5 - 10 minutes to remove.

BTW did you have a patch test done at least 24 hours before - you need a test for each solution and the glue they use. If they did it without this then they are seriously out of order and VERY unprofessional!

kittenclaws said:
no i didnt have a patch test, i walked in and said can i have, nails eyelashes and eyebrows done and she said yes i can do it streight away

OMG Tracey that's unreal! Guys for the record if you have a tint or perm on any part of your body have a patch test first. Could you imagine if you had had a reaction to the perming lotion Tracy, it's right by your eyes. That place needs shutting down, no wonder they're not busy and thank god!

it was the first time i had ever had it done so didnt know wht to expect, i didnt even think about a patch test, thanks for the advice
Sassy Hassy said:
OMG Tracey that's unreal! Guys for the record if you have a tint or perm on any part of your body have a patch test first. Could you imagine if you had had a reaction to the perming lotion Tracy, it's right by your eyes. That place needs shutting down, no wonder they're not busy and thank god!

kittenclaws said:
it was the first time i had ever had it done so didnt know wht to expect, i didnt even think about a patch test, thanks for the advice

Oops sorry tracy wasn't blaming you, you weren't to know - but THEY were, IF they are properly qualified. They sound like a bunch of cowboys - I mean how can you not have tips in stock?

HI, sorry to hear about your bad experience - you live and learn.

Looks like you can see where they havent blended the tip fully.

Would love to know who she trained with and who told her to use tip blender (acetone).

She is SO lucky you didnt react to the dye or perming products she used on you - just think how delicate the eye area is.

When you call her you should just ask how come you didnt have to have a patch test.

Hope you get is resolved.
xx

she trained in creative and did say who trained her it was one of the very very well known names but i cant remember it now, all i can remember it was a man, not leyton denny, its gona bug me all night that i cant remember the name now:irked:
Prosperity said:
HI, sorry to hear about your bad experience - you live and learn.

Looks like you can see where they havent blended the tip fully.

Would love to know who she trained with and who told her to use tip blender (acetone).

She is SO lucky you didnt react to the dye or perming products she used on you - just think how delicate the eye area is.

When you call her you should just ask how come you didnt have to have a patch test.

Hope you get is resolved.
xx

Was it Keaton patel

jac extreme said:
Was it Keaton patel

YAY! thanks jac thats it keaton (she didnt meantion a sirname) im gonna sleep beter now ive not got to think about it

How very annoying about the treatments you weren't pleased with. The lash perm should have taken at least 45 mins for a good result. 20 mins was not enough. I'd have them redone if I were you.

The nails, I would complain about them too. Not in a nasty way of course, but just let them know that you know what a set of perfect nails should look like and get them to correct them for you. I had a look at the pic and didnt like the line that you could see along your stress area. I'm sure they can improve on the shape too.

Let us know if you complain and what the result was!

Hi Tracey, I know how you feel about the eye lashes. I had mine done a couple of weeks back before my hols and it stung like hell!!! I was supposed to keep the stuff on for 10 minutes but I could only bare about 6 or 7. I had a patch test too but it took a whole day for my eyes to recover. As for the nails, maybe the tech has been using a brush cleaner and if the wooden part of the brush has been in contact with the cleaner sometimes the wood stain is held in the bristles and comes out on application. Just a thought....... I manage to do my own nails but sometimes I think i'd like to go to someone else just to have the pampering experience but then I think nah - it's a waste of money when I can do them my self and I know i'd not like them or i'd not be able to stop saying, why do you do it like that?? oops. I would deff go back though and have a quiet word. If it was one of your client's wouldn't you rather they said something to you - or somebody else. Looking forward to Sunday.....

Nat Tov said:
Hi Tracey, I know how you feel about the eye lashes. I had mine done a couple of weeks back before my hols and it stung like hell!!! I was supposed to keep the stuff on for 10 minutes but I could only bare about 6 or 7. I had a patch test too but it took a whole day for my eyes to recover. As for the nails, maybe the tech has been using a brush cleaner and if the wooden part of the brush has been in contact with the cleaner sometimes the wood stain is held in the bristles and comes out on application. Just a thought....... I manage to do my own nails but sometimes I think i'd like to go to someone else just to have the pampering experience but then I think nah - it's a waste of money when I can do them my self and I know i'd not like them or i'd not be able to stop saying, why do you do it like that?? oops. I would deff go back though and have a quiet word. If it was one of your client's wouldn't you rather they said something to you - or somebody else. Looking forward to Sunday.....

hi, i would have thought maybe stain from the brush but its only across the smiles and also it was a clear plastic brush, yes i would rather soeone tell me if they didnt like nails i did, so yep i will call her

i went back to the salon today and i dont think she knew what to say as now the nails are badly lifted aswell, her explanation was she had run out of creative liquid and was waiting for the show next week to et some more so she used a different liquid with creative powder, she has said she will get some creative liquid tomarrow and i can go back in the morning to have them re done, then if im still not happy i can have them redone again next week, i said no, if she redoes them and there still not right i will be asking for a refund, i'll now wait and see wht happens

Good For You Tracey!

good on ya, watch her routine carefully, especially her prep, keep an eye on the products too, creative monomer is dark mauve in colour, not pale.good luck. what did she say about the patch test?

jac extreme said:
good on ya, watch her routine carefully, especially her prep, keep an eye on the products too, creative monomer is dark mauve in colour, not pale.good luck. what did she say about the patch test?

she said i didnt need one as i didnt have a reaction to the nails so i wouldnt have one to the eyelash perming stuff:confused:
i dont have a clue what they have to do with eachother, lol

Latest posts

Back