Not a 'real' job!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find the best way to shut blokes(usually) up is by asking how much they earn an hour .......... (this usually knocks their ego's lol)

follow it by what i earn,the fact that i still get to go to things like sports day's,i don't answer to some muppet in a shirt and tie ....

oh and i love my job ... do you ?

Works a treat :D

what a great response....and yes it does work a treat!!!!! :lol:

I get stick all the time due to my job and the way I look (blonde hair). I was always taught to never judge a book by its cover. People that think our jobs are easy clearly don'y have a clue what they are talking about. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!! :mad:

yep its so annoying!! I also bore people solid about how complicated it is and how high the drop out rate is on beauty courses then i play my ace card . . . I'm also in the last year of studying a buisness degree :lol: that shuts them up!!

I did my EzFlow training in 2005 but never went for the assessment, so never got my certificate. This was because my marriage was under great stress, and my husband wanted me to show my commitment to the relationship by going and getting a "proper job" because "there's no way to earn any money doing nails". So I went out and got the first job that came along, I'm still a civil servant in that same job and flippin hate it:mad:.

However, I've now got a lovely boyfriend that is supporting me in my choice to get back to nails, I'm hoping to get some training again soon, and I WILL make a career of it.

I also had been accepted on the hairdressing nvq2 evening class at the time, I felt I had to give that up too because of his hassle all the time. I'm now enrolled on it again, and start this September YAY!!:green:

(by the way, my then husbands commitment to the relationship was that he promised to book us into a relate meeting, guess what, that didn't happen. Strange how I was always the one to have to make the effort and sacrifice:mad:)

you know wot i went to the bank the other day to open a new account n the poxy jumpped up bank mananger just laughed at me when i said im a master nail tech!!!! poxy jumpped up twit .... he made me so mad ... but it was a dead sweet feeling when i opened the account with more money that i had made that week than wot he can make in 2 ... he soon dropped that smerk... :lol: now that feeling was so sweet.... ok some of it was savings but Sshhhhhh if u dont tell him i wont ...lol i just had to shut him up ... xxxx emily xx

I haven't had anyone say it isn't a proper job.

Most people say stuff like "wow you're so clever" or "I could never do that".

The only thing that p....s me off is when talking about jobs I have done in the past, when I mention I was a legal secretary, some people look a bit surprised, and their expression says "oh, you have a brain as well then":irked:

I haven't had anyone say it isn't a proper job.

Most people say stuff like "wow you're so clever" or "I could never do that".

The only thing that p....s me off is when talking about jobs I have done in the past, when I mention I was a legal secretary, some people look a bit surprised, and their expression says "oh, you have a brain as well then":irked:
hahahahahahah that wot i used to do b4 training to do nails ...lol i worked in the legal system for 5 years but i got to say i love this job so much more ... lol it fit in so much better with my children xx emily xx

I agree Emily, in fact this is the first job I have ever really loved . . . and it fits in with the family, as you say.

I wouldn't be a legal sec again ever

:lol: hell no not in a million years ... all that bloody paper n then the snotty people on the phone moaning because u cant get them in when we both know full well that the socilictor is sippin coffee all after noon n talking to a bloody tape for us to type out ... too dam right on ya bike ... lol........ this job is the best xxxxx :hug:

I have had the exact oposite.
Get this, it was quite a few years ago now when i was a receptionist at a beauty/nail salon when we were all sent to a training class about a specific beauty product that was to be introduced to the salon.
The TRAINER was very polite and chatty to the beauty therapists but I was treated like i was insignificant and stupid and that i woulnd't understand anything because i WASN'T trained as a beauty therapist.
To top it off, when i asked her some really relevant questions about the product she said to me " that is a very good question, you must be a very smart girl" and i am like. WHAT??? how patronising! worse is, the girls i worked with just laughed. i mean how rude.

Hi,

all the time, my partner and his friends say ive not got a real job, I sit on my bum all day talking and painting nails!!!

I have had the exact oposite.
Get this, it was quite a few years ago now when i was a receptionist at a beauty/nail salon when we were all sent to a training class about a specific beauty product that was to be introduced to the salon.
The TRAINER was very polite and chatty to the beauty therapists but I was treated like i was insignificant and stupid and that i woulnd't understand anything because i WASN'T trained as a beauty therapist.
To top it off, when i asked her some really relevant questions about the product she said to me " that is a very good question, you must be a very smart girl" and i am like. WHAT??? how patronising! worse is, the girls i worked with just laughed. i mean how rude.
OMG Wot a cow!!! i dont think i would have been able to keep my trap shut ...lol ... i gotta say i do tend to get out my pram when i get a narky comment it really gets right up my back... but you know wot i would love to sit them down with the test papers we all do then say well ..... get on with it .... now you tell me wots wots the reasons for onycholysis...... OHHHHHHH i do get snappy... lol ... SOME PEOPLE GRRR HAHAHHAHAH LOL XX

Hi,

all the time, my partner and his friends say ive not got a real job, I sit on my bum all day talking and painting nails!!!
HAHAHAHAH I used to get that from my hubby till i used to make him sit n test me on it all now he like me in fact he is porb worse than me when people comment now it sounds funny he biting sometimes ...lol
xxx emily xx

Don't worry peoples attitudes will change.
I was a nurse and nursing was viewed the same way many years ago.
Jo

A brill nail tech that i know quite well had the same thing happen to them

this is what happened......

A regular client said to the tech..they have talked daughter out of becoming a nail tech when she leaves school..because its a dead end job with no money.

They said this to a very busy tech:irked:in a very busy salon

The tech decided to show them the till roll at the end of the day..said x 6 days a week etc number of open days a year.

Now do you rate this as a dead end job, or would you say yours was dead end job with no money.

the client was speechless:o

The world only works its wonders if we all contribute to its working

WE LOVE NAIL TECHS

If someone says that again ask them what they do for a living, give a little effortless laugh and say no fun there then i bet the wages are a little to be desired.

dont say that to anyone who has a good job..just say good for you

Jenx

A brill nail tech that i know quite well had the same thing happen to them

this is what happened......

A regular client said to the tech..they have talked daughter out of becoming a nail tech when she leaves school..because its a dead end job with no money.

They said this to a very busy tech:irked:in a very busy salon

The tech decided to show them the till roll at the end of the day..said x 6 days a week etc number of open days a year.

Now do you rate this as a dead end job, or would you say yours was dead end job with no money.

the client was speechless:o

The world only works its wonders if we all contribute to its working

WE LOVE NAIL TECHS

If someone says that again ask them what they do for a living, give a little effortless laugh and say no fun there then i bet the wages are a little to be desired.

dont say that to anyone who has a good job..just say good for you

Jenx
Ha hahahahahahah i love it ...lol i must say i do love that feeling when you wipe the look off some1's face that thinks its dead end ... WOOP WOOP TO ALL US NAIL N BEAUTY TECHS .. lol xx emily xx

Latest posts

Back