Not a show, but a conference?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to the last show and loved it, it might be because it was my first show but it wouldn't be my last. I am still training but I even entered the nailympics, for the experience and fun of it Fanatsy nail art. I would do it again too, because I met alot of wonderful people there.They were very helpful to the novice that knew nothing.

Great to see some interest and some positive response, shows are great to experience and try others products as well as your favourite.

A great opportunity to speak to other like minded people in person.

Many get stale when they are staid. Keep up the enthusiasm.

I will and I will continue going to the shows too, as a learning experience they are good.

I agree with Cec about a roadshow, it can be at a hotel rather than a huge exhibition centre.
This would keep costs down.
I remember going to these in the 90's.

I also agree with Nail Zoo about apathy.
People I know have questioned why i keep travelling to comps/exhibitions/etc for as long as I can remember.

If I was looking for financial return, I would have a long wait.
There are no guarentees in business, we all make decisions and take risks; some big, some small.

The one word that describes why I attend compititions and exhibitions is.. Passion.

Our industry is still in its infantcy, however, I have seen lots of students, salons, and companies come and go when they realise that there is no gain in the short haul.

Im not saying that we all have to attend shows, compete in every comp etc, the point is go to as many as you can afford to attend, be positive about networking and meeting like minded people from your industy.

Also, i cant believe that people dont go just to attend the free seminars!

Im gutted that I miss most of them as Im usually competing.
You can never know too much, there is always someone that will inspire you just a little bit. That little bit will grow into enthusiasm if you are passionate enough to let it.

As I said in a previous post, I gutted that we have to wait till oct till g-mex, thank goodness for this site!

Liza

Liza, I agree with you about the free seminars. At GMex and Excell I went to lots of them, but where were all the poeple? Probably buying bags and ear-rings.... :-/ At Olympia I didn't go to any of the seminars. I really wanted to go to some of them, but it's hard to sit still being nervous....:-D

I really liked to compete. The whole environment with the judges and all the competitors. It was very nice to take part in it, to feel the excitement and to speak and get to know people. I spoke to some of the best in our industry (eg. Liza!) and got lots of good advises for next time. I would never dared to speak to any of them without competing myself. Haha, it's called networking....:-D

C.

Latest posts

Back