Not another extension thread, I promise

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazybek

Reaction score
Afternoon fellow geeks!.

Hope everyone had a fab weekend and wernt too affected by our weather over the last few days.

Anyway all pleasantries done with i noticed someone posted a thread this morning,as a newbie thats qualified in hair extensions but asking where they start in regards to hair buying.

Now call me an old fashioned bird but whenever i have completed extension training (ive trained with various extensions over the years) they have supplied hair for me to purchase (i.e Balmain,great lengths,cinderella etc etc)
However is there accredited extension training providers out there that can educate/train hairdressers but not supply hair,or even give the name of very good suppliers they use themselves??

Just wanting any feedback on this as im always weary of buying outside of the companies ive trained with due to insurance and guaranteeing of the hair etc etc.

Also what happens with after care for clients when not using an accredited extension company?

Please excuse me if im sounding like a dumbass but it is my first day back after the weekend and its mainly involved lots of paperwork aarrrgghhh!!!

x

hi there

The 2 companies I trained with did not have their own brand, however gave recommendations of suppliers in various price ranges and advised on using that brands aftercare.

I have seen so many facebook "adverts" from salons/stylists stating you can learn extensions etc with them and they give you a certificate, but how does that even work either?? I have seen a certificate from one of these people incidently.... a dodgy home print out signed with a felt tip. yes, really. xx

I trained with belle and was ONLY told about their other hair company (which they deny owning lol)

And I never use them. That's why I hate all the threads saying " you would of been given this info on your course " we'll some of us didn't have that luxury lol it was trial and error for me x

I think that any good 'generic' training company - by that I mean those offering training in various methods without being under the umbrella of a brand (great lengths, balmain etc) should be offering students information on where to source hair at different price points to suit the client base they will be targeting.

We have always done this, and although we do now have our own 'brand' of Indian Remy hair nobody on our courses gets a hard sell, and we happily give guidance on other sources of hair as not everyone wants to target the Indian remy price point.

Latest posts

Back