Not enjoying acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerise

Reaction score
im really not enjoying acrylics and have been thinking of changing to gel, i have recently started offering shellac and have had quite a lot of interest from that. do you think its worth changing to gel or just offer shellac? do you find gel nails popular? xx

theres always going to b a market for acrylics, whilst gel polishes and shellac are very popular not everyone can wear it as it isnt suitable for everyone.

theres seems to b a number of people giving up on acrylics (from what ive seen on here) i struggle and have moments that i think i cant do it then i have times i feel very happy with what ive produced but i kno it takes time and practice, acrylics is one of the hardest if not the hardest system to crack, it takes a lot of time and practice to be successful at acrylics.

producing a good set of acrylics takes time and patience and people seem to b to ready to give up.

what ever u decide to do i wish u the best but think i should look into 1-2-1 training.

I totally agree with MissLB. There will always be weak bendy nails that need the strength of acrylic. Plus friends like mine with 7 horses that couldn't live without acrylic.

Xx

I started acrylics in march last year and was so not happy or confident in them and it wasn't until I had been doing the for about 6 months and bought myself a really good brush ( ezflow grand artist) that I am now happy and confident.
Don't give up and keep practising and invest in good products - they really do make the world of difference

Xxx

Oh and I offer Gelish and acrylics and both are my most popular treatment.
Like the previous thread mentions - some people need and prefer the strength of acrylics. Something the gel polishes can't offer.

im really not enjoying acrylics and have been thinking of changing to gel, i have recently started offering shellac and have had quite a lot of interest from that. do you think its worth changing to gel or just offer shellac? do you find gel nails popular? xx

If acrylics what youv been working with id stick with it, I find that i have equal amounts of clients for each Gel and Acrylics, But its always best to stick with what you know, Give a different brand name ago maybe?

Wish you all the best, I must say have you ever tried Tip&Dip?
Best acrylic and quick to apply :confused:

Do you need to keep all your eggs in one basket ? Cant you work with both? I work with Gels but am always getting clients wanting Acrylics... I'm the one here thinking maybe I should be training in acrylics just so I can multi-task & be flexible to each clients needs.... ;)

thank you for all your replies, i will stick with it, it just takes me so long and im really critical of my work. i cant really do both because im a full time mum and i offer spray tans and shellac as well as acrylics so i wouldnt have the time to. thanks for all your help :) xx

Don't give up, I've been learning with ezflow at college and I'm finding it hard, have my Manu, pedi, fibreglass and shellac in a good routine now and I'm pleased with them. I qualify in June and I'm saving to go and do a conversion course with CND and some private training too. acrylics is the most asked for treatment when clients come into college! As I keep telling myself - ill get there in the end and so will you :) Good luck!!

thank you for all your replies, i will stick with it, it just takes me so long and im really critical of my work. i cant really do both because im a full time mum and i offer spray tans and shellac as well as acrylics so i wouldnt have the time to. thanks for all your help :) xx

i offer the same but gelish and whilst my acrylics are far from perfect its something i want to perfect i suppose u need to ask urself if u have the passion there to continue with it. how long have u been doing acrylics? i finished my training in feb and it takes me around 2 hours to do a set again as ive said acrylics are hard to master and can take a long time.

i personally try to set time aside on my time off i appreciate ur a mummy and are busy but i work full time in accounts mon-fri 9-5, then do this part time in evenings and weekends whilst studying for an accounts course for my day job) if ur not putting the practice in ur not going to really get anywhere especially if ur only doing a few sets a week.

with regards to being self critical i think ull find most people are the same. i know i am.

i hope u continue with it and dont waste the money and time u put in for training. x

Latest posts

Back