Not sure what to make of it

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sayanigirl

Reaction score
Hi girls I'm new to industry still practising acrylic nail enhancements . Started to apply for salon work to get experience as a nail trainee . First time today went to salon . The owner asked me to do a full set in front of her . I did the set and I told her I'm not perfect yet as still practising . Anyway she asked me to about blending tips and I am ok with that.but I have got some proimpression non blending tips too which I showed her as she didnt know about them . And she said those tips r too thin . I described that strength comes with acrylic not with tips but she refused and told me no strength comes from tips too as well as product . And when I finished my set she said your middle (2nd zone )is thicker and all the nail shd b same thickness . Now I'm confused . As I was taught different way .she showed me how she does nails . She did 2nd zone first ,then 3rd zone then 1st zone and she feathered the product and quite wet bead . I use nsi and so does she . Am I doing something wrong because her final nail looked amazing . I didn't get the job :sad:(she been doing nails for 12years ) ps ( she liked my tips blending )

Ive never heard of doing zone 2 first :-s i go backwards, zone 3,zone 2, zone 1. But some techs likes to go 1,2,3. Your apex should always b slightly thicker than zone 1 and 3 as this is your stress point. Ive never heard of the way shes done it though. As your still practicing id say stick with what you know and dont try and change it now as you could end up practising forever. It sounds like it was a good idea you didnt get the job as she seemed a bit picky :-/ have you thought about going mobile/homebased for a while and doing that for a bit while your still practising get ur confidence and your work up to scratch be4 going to salon work? Xx

Sorry forgot to add i know techs been doing nails for 20+years and there nails are diabolical, just because they have more experience than you doesnt mean there necessarily better :) xx

Stick to what you have been taught.
There are so many different ways that people do nails but as long as you are producing a good looking, long lasting enhancement then that's all that matters.
I also recommend buying a book called 'nail class' by Gigi Rouse. It's fabulous. Will tell you all about how the shape of the nail should look and how to achieve it.
Good luck and don't be disheartened x x x
Ps I've always been mobile and I love it, just started renting my own room. Being your own boss is the best :) x x.

Latest posts

Back