Not the greatest samples - why send them out?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

La_belle_vie

Reaction score
Hi everyone apologies first another extension thread BUT before you leave I think it applies to all samples companies give out to us but the jist of it is "why send out samples that aren't a true reflection of your product?"

So after looking through the enormous before and after thread I decided to get some hair samples to check out and test before using them on my models. I've ordered some from a few different companies high end mid range and budget.
So I was very excited to receive some this morning until I had a proper look and now I'm just confused. They were from a company which a lot of fellow geeks use and rave about but I can't help feel just a tad disappointed. The supposedly "better" hair of the 2 I ordered is shedding terribly and the bonds well I would honestly feel more confident in re-tipping them myself. The other fairs lot better - looks double drawn, feels much softer and isn't shedding near half as much.

Am I just being picky over samples or does anyone else agree that if you send samples out to potential customers you should be sending out the better stuff?? I wouldn't put photos of "ok" work I've done into my portfolio and expect people to be wowed

I am very happy with my supplier but out of sheer interest i requested some samples form one of the suppliers that gets mentioned a lot on her. Shocked is an understatement!

The bonds were the biggest and most hideous, ugly looking things i had ever came across. I received samples of the 3 different hair qualities they sell and there was no visible difference between the 3.

Not to mention the strands were well under their advertised weight. They went straight in the bin, i would have been embarrassed to get those bonds out in front of a customer.

No price list, no literature, just simply shoved inside a tacky postal bag. Where is the professionalism? :!:

I am very happy with my supplier but out of sheer interest i requested some samples form one of the suppliers that gets mentioned a lot on her. Shocked is an understatement!

The bonds were the biggest and most hideous, ugly looking things i had ever came across. I received samples of the 3 different hair qualities they sell and there was no visible difference between the 3.

Not to mention the strands were well under their advertised weight. They went straight in the bin, i would have been embarrassed to get those bonds out in front of a customer.

No price list, no literature, just simply shoved inside a tacky postal bag. Where is the professionalism? :!:

What supplier do you use Hun x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

It's sad because if they're just sending out the reject stuff who's gonna invest they're money into a company that can't send out at least 1 decent extension to show their true quality?
I'm kinda stuck as to what to do there is soo many good reports that maybe I should give another chance but then again I did PAY for these samples

It's sad because if they're just sending out the reject stuff who's gonna invest they're money into a company that can't send out at least 1 decent extension to show their true quality?
I'm kinda stuck as to what to do there is soo many good reports that maybe I should give another chance but then again I did PAY for these samples

Pay for samples? Who were they off?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

SJK for the lux and Krystal samples. It was the Krystal that keeps shedding like crazy that's why I'm so confused because there's soo many other geeks on here that have been using them for ages with no problem. The keratin bonds on them are awful - the hair rebellion ones I used before were better

SJK for the lux and Krystal samples. It was the Krystal that keeps shedding like crazy that's why I'm so confused because there's soo many other geeks on here that have been using them for ages with no problem. The keratin bonds on them are awful - the hair rebellion ones I used before were better

Oh I see ;/ who do you use at the moment Hun xx

Never had a problem with hair rebellion pre bonds the 20" 613 was gorgeous but now I'm getting more focused making my business a success I want to be able to offer a variety of hair not just indian remy. Just ordered some Brazilian flat tip and nanos from foxy again I've paid for them. It's not that I mind paying for samples I just feel that I wouldn't want to do a naff job on my clients so why should they send naff samples when I'm wanting to find a extension company to invest in

Never had a problem with hair rebellion pre bonds the 20" 613 was gorgeous but now I'm getting more focused making my business a success I want to be able to offer a variety of hair not just indian remy. Just ordered some Brazilian flat tip and nanos from foxy again I've paid for them. It's not that I mind paying for samples I just feel that I wouldn't want to do a naff job on my clients so why should they send naff samples when I'm wanting to find a extension company to invest in

It was the sjk samples I had too! I got 3 lots all in different types of hair and weights. The 2gram strand only actually weighed 1.4 grams, not that I would ever consider using 2 gram on my clients anyway. Far to heavy.

I use foxy grade 5a Brazilian at the moment and I'm really happy with their bonds and the quality of their hair. I think ill just stick with what I know in future.

It was the sjk samples I had too! I got 3 lots all in different types of hair and weights. The 2gram strand only actually weighed 1.4 grams, not that I would ever consider using 2 gram on my clients anyway. Far to heavy.

I use foxy grade 5a Brazilian at the moment and I'm really happy with their bonds and the quality of their hair. I think ill just stick with what I know in future.

That's what I've just ordered tonight. Ooh I'm looking forward to getting them now 😊 hopefully my faith can be restored.
I know they do trade a wholesale but was rather put off by the £1000 minimum order. Looked into Halo as there seems to be a fair few salons which offer these and there is no minimum order with the trade account. They don't do samples so unless I buy a pack I won't really know

Latest posts

Back