Nothing ever seems to be good enough!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feathers

Reaction score
Hey ladies and gents, I just wanted to have a bit of a rant really. I am qualified in arylics, (CND) and shellac etc and work in a nail salon.
I get on fantastically well with clients, and have a lot of regular clients coming back to me time and time again.
I had a new client Thurs who wanted a full set of natural acrylics which I did and then painted. They were lovely, and I was pleased with them as was she. Infact I think Id pretty confidently say she was quite gushing and very complimentary about them.
I then get to work the next day to find out that she has called the salon, and complained, saying they were the worst nails she has ever had, they were all uneven blah blah blah. This was DEFINITELY not the case at all! Anyhoo, she was given a full refund. She apparently has been, had them soaked off and redone elsewhere, so was unable to come to the salon to show my boss exactly what was wrong with them! This has left me feeling both livid and really upset at the same time. Im really hurt that my boss didn't fight my corner so to speak and say that without seeing the work she isn't able to either comment or issue a refund, I just get the feeling that she hasn't full confidence in my work, and its upsetting me now to the point im not enjoying work too much at the mo, which is not like me as I love nails!
I cant help but feel that this lady has basically pulled a fast one, gone had a full set of nails in the salon ranked the best in our area, called got stroppy and got a refund!! result, full set of decent nails for free!!
I don't know what to do to iron out any little probs I have to make damn sure full confidence in my work is there!!!:sad:
Do you think Im being overdramatic or unreasonable

Hey ladies and gents, I just wanted to have a bit of a rant really. I am qualified in arylics, (CND) and shellac etc and work in a nail salon.
I get on fantastically well with clients, and have a lot of regular clients coming back to me time and time again.
I had a new client Thurs who wanted a full set of natural acrylics which I did and then painted. They were lovely, and I was pleased with them as was she. Infact I think Id pretty confidently say she was quite gushing and very complimentary about them.
I then get to work the next day to find out that she has called the salon, and complained, saying they were the worst nails she has ever had, they were all uneven blah blah blah. This was DEFINITELY not the case at all! Anyhoo, she was given a full refund. She apparently has been, had them soaked off and redone elsewhere, so was unable to come to the salon to show my boss exactly what was wrong with them! This has left me feeling both livid and really upset at the same time. Im really hurt that my boss didn't fight my corner so to speak and say that without seeing the work she isn't able to either comment or issue a refund, I just get the feeling that she hasn't full confidence in my work, and its upsetting me now to the point im not enjoying work too much at the mo, which is not like me as I love nails!
I cant help but feel that this lady has basically pulled a fast one, gone had a full set of nails in the salon ranked the best in our area, called got stroppy and got a refund!! result, full set of decent nails for free!!
I don't know what to do to iron out any little probs I have to make damn sure full confidence in my work is there!!!:sad:
Do you think Im being overdramatic or unreasonable

If I had a treatment I wasn't happy with, I certainly wouldn't give the therapist anything like the remotest impression I was satisfied, never mind gushing over them!

I think you may well be right in the conclusion you're coming to. Would have, at the very least, expected her to come back and show the offending workmanship before even contemplating a refund! :hug:

Absolutely not your right your boss should have fought your corner and you say you have regulars who come back to you then that shows there's nothing wrong with your work.
I think you should have it out with your boss only then will you be able to put this behind you and move on.
The client sounds like a right wrongon I would put money on it your not the first one she's done it to.
Chin up hun xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for taking the time to respond ladies, appreciated!
I will have a chat with Boss and see what she says, its a horrid feeling, just as I was getting to the point where I was 100% confident in what I do, this blimmin happens!
I wish I had the money to set up on my own sometimes! One day eh!

poor you, id talk to your boss and explain your not happy so at least she is awear

It sounds to me like she's pulled a fast one.

Don't let it knock your confidence your repeat customers are proff of your good work x

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have had this many times!!
Almost every time it is a client chancing their luck, I've even had a client phone and complain that her Shellac was bubbling and falling off, to then come in for an eyebrow wax the next day(forgetting she has called and complained) for us to see that there was nothing wrong with her nails and were still perfect.
I've also had clients call and tell me their acrylics have fallen off two days after having them done..for me to then pass them in the shopping center and their nails are in tact and looking beautiful.
Don't take it to heart! Some people are just chancing their luck, but definitley talk to your boss and clear the air on the situation. That client should never have been given a full refund without returning to the salon and showing you the problem...it is one of our strictest rules.
If they have a problem, we need to see it, otherwise we can only assume there was no problem :)
Hope this helped xx

Latest posts

Back