Nouvatan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybabe

Reaction score
Hey ladies

When someone asks for a medium tan i always spray them with a 12%, would you say the 14% is more medium x

Thankyou

No I would say 10 is medium. X

I use 14 as a medium. But i do a lot of 20's. I guess it varies from salon to salon.
If you only stock a 10,12& 14 then. 12 is your medium. 😃
But I do mainly 16-20 for dark so 14 is my medium 😜

I carry 8,10,12,14&20 and I always use 10 as my medium, I used a 12 once and the client said she felt it was too dark, although she loved the colour it was that bit too dark xxx

Hey ladies

When someone asks for a medium tan i always spray them with a 12%, would you say the 14% is more medium x

Thankyou

this is a very individual issue...everyone's perspective of what is medium is different...the best way is to stock a full range...when a new customer comes n discuss what they want from there tan..how dark is dark in there eyes and take things from there

HTH

Thanks Ladies

Im quite supriesd that some of you are finding the 10 a medium, i think probably as i dont use this one very often as ive been using a 12.
I havent tried anything past a 16, how dark do they go.

What would you say you use the least (%) of? Mines mainly 8

thankyou x

I would say my medium is 10%. But my clientele is 30+ and they mostly want a natural tan,not that dark. I mostly use 8 or 10% with a few 12% in the summer.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, Nouvatan is great and goes to 20% which is very dark. I only use that on the dancers and b/builders.

Ive been using 8 as a light, 12 medium and i did use 16 but ended up just mixing it to make 14. Im finding 12 my most poular. I get ppl asking for dark but i'm not sure without trialling which one would you say is dark x

If i was to stock 8,12 & 20 , i know mixing the 8 with 12 makes a 10 but what would be the mixing ratio so i can achieve 14 and 16?

x

You just add them together then half it so 20 + 12=32. Half is 16. The most economical way is to buy 8,12,20. You can then mix 10 14 and 16 and have 6 shades. To be honest I only use 8 for light, 10 for medium and I say 12 for darker. I don't say dark because Nouvatan is not a dark tan.

I actually have some clients who say 20% isn't dark enough lol, I use 14% as my medium but I think that's my clients tho as I find 14% personally darkish :)

12% is definitely my most popular.

Sent from my C6903 using SalonGeek mobile app

I find the 20% is dark enough for dancers, double dipped though. I think it would look too dark for your average Joe. Darkest I have found is Siennasol extreme extra dark 20%. Anybody found a darker one?

My medium is a 12. I have 8,10,12,14,16,20. I use 8 for brides and people who are panicking and only want the lightest! 10 for light to medium tan, 12 for medium, hate 14!, and 16 as my dark. Use 20 as the rapid and very rarely if someone says they want the darkest x

Latest posts

Back