Nouveau Lashes, Manchester - 19 April - Possible class of 8

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ibi Lashes

Reaction score
I've spent so much time reading this forum, its fantastic, but it does confuse you!

I'm just about to sign up for the 19 April course in Manchester but after contacting them have been told the maximum number of students will be 8, which after researching seems high.

I live in Spain so its important that I learn all I can in the course, I won't be able to come back for any future training until much later in the year, so its crucial for me to get it right first time and learn as much as I possibly can.

The course is expensive with the kit on top (total £600 plus VAT). Am I going to waste my time and money here do you think?

Are there any other courses around this date (flights booked 13 to 20 April) in North West (near Manchester/Cheshire) that might be better for me?

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP

I looked into this course to, but i thought it was quite expensive and 8 seemed alot of people because i have looked at other places and they limit the course to 2 or 3 people max, i think on this course u go on the day then u have to do case studies then go bk for a theory day then go back for exam on eyelashes to gain certificate that what i was told when i enquired. i am still looking for eyelash extension course but i think most of them i have seen are around £600. thee is a place in northwich cheshire that do them thinks its £450 but if u wanted the vtct there its £600 hope this helps x

Hi there, Im the trainer for lashes in manchester for Nouveau.
The course is a max of 8 but does not always mean that there will be 8.
The training is very thorough and I make sure that the students get plenty of practical time on the day.
Maybe if theres any students that I have trained on here they could re- assure you that the training by Nouveau is fantastic and the after care is second to none....... and im hopefully not that bad a trainer!!!:green:

claire xx

Hi there, Im the trainer for lashes in manchester for Nouveau.
The course is a max of 8 but does not always mean that there will be 8.
The training is very thorough and I make sure that the students get plenty of practical time on the day.
Maybe if theres any students that I have trained on here they could re- assure you that the training by Nouveau is fantastic and the after care is second to none....... and im hopefully not that bad a trainer!!!:green:

claire xx

Claire trained me in December, there were 3 of us altogether on the course. We had loads of time doing practical and anything you needed to ask big or small you didn't feel stupid for asking. Can't recommend Claire enough :)

I trained with Nouveau and unfortunately I was unlucky to have a class of 8 with 1 trainer.
I hardly did any practical work and felt like i had wasted my money. The training really was not up to scratch.
I did complain though and was given 1-1 training at my salon after playing my face. Now this training was excellent. I also did my masters training with Nouveau and again I had to complain even though there were only 2 on this course. Again I was offered more training for free. This training was good also. I have since done various other training with Nouveau with no problems. I have also just today, booked another course with them.
The girls are all lovely and they are very helpful.
I honestly think though that any more than 4 on a course is not worth it.
For you, seeing as you are travelling such a long way, I think it would be best to do a 1-1 course.
All companies have complaints now and then but it's how they deal with these complaints that show how good they are. Nouveau dealt with my complaints to my satisfaction. Unfortunately for you, if your training is not up to scratch then you can't just hop on a plane and re-do it!
I was also very fortunate to be offered free training from Flirties after they heard about my original training. I was trained by Luisa and she was very good.
I would go with someone who has been recommended.
It is hard to make a decision. I would have no problem recommending Nouveau for their courses but for the eyelash extensions course, I personally think the classes are too big. It's an intricate procedure and you need as much time with the trainer as you can.
Good luck with whoever you decide to go with x

I too think up to 8 in a class is too much as a trainer you just can't concentrate on everyone when training so many the most I do in one session is two but most of the time it's just one to one

I've checked again with Nouveau and they do say that it is two trainers for eight students, perhaps this is a new thing.

What do people think about their products compared to Flirties?

Thanks

I think most people will try products from all different companies and then use the products that work for them.
I use lashes from Secret Lashes. They are pre-primed and every tub comes with a silicon pad in the lid. I chose this company as they had a wide range of different lashes and curls. I never use J curls anymore and when I started lashing Nouveau only did J curls and a couple of C curls. I think they have a better range now but I had already stocked up with every B,C and D curl by then.
I also think price is a big factor for some people. You don't want cheap nasty lashes but you can get cheaper good lashes. I use Secret Lashes and i know a lot of people on here use Lashbase as well as both these companies are about one third of the price of the bigger companies.
The glue is very important and everyone has their favourite. I found Nouveau too slow for me and i use Xflex glue from ABX Beauty. Lots of people rave about the Flirties glue too. I haven't tried it so I can't comment.
I use Nouveau's debonder as this is the best I have found. I buy my microbrushes from Nouveau as they are cheaper-roughly half the price of Flirties!
For mascara spoolies and double sided eyelash combs I use Lashbase.
I also use Nouveau's protein remover pads.
So as you can see-a bit of a hotchpotch-lol
You should get a kit with your training and you will obviously use this when you first start. Once you become more confident, you can try other products and find which ones work for you.

I hear this comment all the time and because of this I no longer provide group courses, only one on one and occasionally two students max. Everyone also comments that the skill is not as easy to master as they thought, and therefore been releived to have dedicated time with me and have all said they were glad to have chosen a one on one course.

I think there are alot of great trainers out there but if you want the best start in learning a difficult skill, one to one is the best type of training.

HTH

Latest posts

Back