NSI Balance Gel falling off - help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinc25

Reaction score
Hey all,

This is my first time using Salon Geek i hope some one can help.

I am trained in UV Gel extensions and have decided to change my gel over to NSI as i was using an american brand called nouveau, NSI balance gel comes with instructions but gives you a different way of how to apply the gel, i was taught to layer on the gel differently and the NSI Balance gel is actually layed on very thingly? am i doing this correctly?

I have only just started using NSI as heard it was one of the best, i have done my own and two others and our nails are falling of after 2-3 days? i cant understand why... I am preping the nail before hand and curing.

Any one else had any problems with NSI Balance? or can any one tell me how they apply there balance? as maybe im reading it wrong?

Thank you so much hope you can help me im totally stuck on what to do next :)

Hey all,

I am trained in UV Gel extensions and have decided to change my gel over to NSI as i was using an american brand called nouveau, NSI balance gel comes with instructions but gives you a different way of how to apply the gel, i was taught to layer on the gel differently and the NSI Balance gel is actually layed on very thingly? am i doing this correctly?

I have only just started using NSI as heard it was one of the best, i have done my own and two others and our nails are falling of after 2-3 days? i cant understand why... I am preping the nail before hand and curing.

Any one else had any problems with NSI Balance? or can any one tell me how they apply there balance? as maybe im reading it wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would advise you go on a Conversion Course with NSI, as if it is a different application method to what you are used to it would be best to get some training in it.

hey thank you for your help and quick reply, i did think about that but been on the NSI website and they dont do one as far as i can see, just there foundation gel course which is like £700 for 5 days, i cant justify doing that after the amount i have already spent :-( im just totally lost with what to do next, thank you for your reply.

In that case you could maybe phone the NSI training school and see if they would do a 1-2-1 session with you as if you are experienced in gel I am sure you would pick it up in a couple of hours with an Educator.

Meantime what are the steps you apply your gel in now, to let the NSI Geeks on here see what needs changing.

Great idea ill give them a call.

At the minute my gel application for NSI is:
Preping the nail
apply Tips
Bonder
THIN layer of Balance gel - cure 90 seconds
Second THIN layer of balance gel - cure 90 seconds
Wipe, buff
Apply Medium layer of Finish Clear NSI Gel - cure 90 seconds
Wipe

this is from there instructions that came with my kit i never wipe sticky before last layer usually and i know you shouldnt over load the brush on gel layers but two THIN layers just doesnt seem right the nails are so thin after wards.

Thanks so much for your help and any othe NSI techs out there if you can help me i would be so unbelievably greatfull :)

My guess is that your second layer of gel is too thin especially, if you buff it afterwards.
You need to build a decent apex over the tip blend area.

Tips and glue don't provide strength for an enhancement, they are just a base. The Gel is meant to provide the actual strength.

A simple analogy - You could try thinking of the tip as a thermal vest. It provides some warmth and protection but you would still need a coat on if you went outside on a very cold day.

Sorry, I know it's a rubbish analogy but can't think of anything else as just given blood and feeling bit woozy...:sad:

Watch a few online videos to get a feel for how to build an apex if you're not sure.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, my confidence has been totally shattered as thinking im doing well and then there falling of they look great but not lasting which is never good!

But thank you 'second layer bigger apex' im going to practice asap on this thank you :)

Are you making sure that you have removed the shine from your tips?

When using Gel you must lightly file/buff your tips, with arcylic you don't have to do this..but Gel yes otherwise they will peel right off :)

Great idea ill give them a call.

At the minute my gel application for NSI is:
Preping the nail
apply Tips
Bonder
THIN layer of Balance gel - cure 90 seconds
Second THIN layer of balance gel - cure 90 seconds
Wipe, buff
Apply Medium layer of Finish Clear NSI Gel - cure 90 seconds
Wipe

this is from there instructions that came with my kit i never wipe sticky before last layer usually and i know you shouldnt over load the brush on gel layers but two THIN layers just doesnt seem right the nails are so thin after wards.

Thanks so much for your help and any othe NSI techs out there if you can help me i would be so unbelievably greatfull :)

Are you using the NSI lamp? It might be better to use whole system. And also if the bulbs are old (usually 6-8 months+) they may need replacing. If everything is in working order you could just try curing for longer.
When I apply the first layer thin but then apply the second layer thicker to build the apex and cure that for two minutes. Then check the apex and if it's not as strong it needs I build it up again. I always cure for two minutes just to be sure its fully cured and it gives me time to do the other hand while one is under the lamp :)
Hth xx

Hey all,

Hi,

Im not an nsi geek, however youd have more success posting under professionals in "the nail geek". Ask mods to move your post. Good luck and welcome :D

thats great thank you so much everyone massive help made so many notes and gonna work on all of them... this forum is the best... thank you all so much x

Hi
If you have alook on the Nail Angel website they do a step by step video of the NSI gel application. I've watched it a few times and it really helped me. Hope that helps :D

Last edited:
I'll second that, Nail Angel website has amazing tutorials on it. Fingernail fixers video on cuticle removal may also help you to see if you're prepping really well. Also brush your first layer quite firmly into the nail to create a strong bond.

Prepare the nail (removing all cuticle and shine etc..)
Dehydrate the nail plate (pure plus or scrub fresh)
Apply tips, blend if needed, shape & remove shine from tips
Dehydrate nailplate again if more than 20 mins has passed
Primer (leave to air dry for 1 minute)
Very thin layer of 'clear builder gel' (put it on
then try to remove as much as you can thin)
Cure 90 seconds
Apex layer of 'clear builder gel' (so thicker layer to build apex)
Cure 3 mins
Wipe sticky off and file to shape
**If apex is not correct at this point you can add another layer, cure 2 mins and then wipe and buff again
Thin layer of 'finish clear' or 'glaze and go'
Cure 2 mins

You seem to have been following the instructions for a coloured gel aplication rather than instructions for an enhancement with tips.

The aplication you described would be fine on natural nails with one of NSI's coloured gels but you should be dehydrating the nails before applying any gel products to help ensure good adhession.

thank you so much :) your help is much appreciated :)

thanks so much for you help on this!!

i done those steps with another client on wednesday and they are now splitting? i feel like im on top form one minute and next straight back down confidence is serverly low :sad:

have u solved the splitting problem?

Latest posts

Back