NSI Balance gel...to thin maybe?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wooshka

Reaction score
Hiya fellow geeks:)

Quick question.....

I did a NNO 2 days ago on my own nails using NSI Builder clear gel (the normal 2 coats), then I tried something new and used my fave colour polish and then did Glaze n Go over the polish to seal it all nicely.

My problem is, 4 of them have cracked.
I can't tell until I take it all off if it's just a surface crack or right the way through but I can feel the end of the crack on my free edge.
It's just the one big crack on each nail, like from the FE going half moon shape across to the side wall.

What went wrong you think?
Is it possible I made them too thin, is this a normal cause of cracking like this or do you think it's got something to do with using the polish over the builder gel and under the Glaze n Go?
I'm only just starting to work with these gels, I do love them but don't like these cracks:irked:
It is both thumbs and index fingers that have cracked, all the rest are fine.
It's the fingers I use the most obviously.

Any help appreciated, ta:hug:

firstly, you cant use glaze and go over enamel hon, so thats one reason why you have cracking.

secondly, cracking can occur if you have been too thin , so yes, you have cracking for that reason too!.

Thanks, I thought so:)
But hey, you learn something new every day.

I use NSI Airshield over my polish on enhancements- it's great. There's also Heatshield but i'm not familiar with it although i'm sure it's just as good.

Latest posts

Back