NSI Endure Base Coat / Polish Pro

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to add quickly' I've used polish pro for the last two years without any issues whatsoever.
I did, like you, get as much advice as possible at the outset as following each step to the letter is key, and the nail angel website is my NSI bible.

Thanks for sharing nailjems :)

Seems like PP is going to be the right move for me.

Do you happen to have any swatches of the colours you've used that you wouldn't mind sharing? Really can't seem to find many swatches anywhere!

Thank you

I'm saving up for this, it was on my to buy list anyway, but Wooshkas comments have left me impatient lol Wooshka your replies to the OP are very informative and I have found them very useful, so thank you from me too!

Thanks for sharing nailjems :)

Seems like PP is going to be the right move for me.

Do you happen to have any swatches of the colours you've used that you wouldn't mind sharing? Really can't seem to find many swatches anywhere!

Thank you

I'm useless at photographing and I only practice nails in my free time so I don't take may photos. You can follow Nsi on Facebook and Instagram for loads of inspiration and I remember a while back somebody recommended an Australian site for polish pro layering as its very popular there? I can't find it though!! Maybe an Australian geek could help?

I'm useless at photographing and I only practice nails in my free time so I don't take may photos. You can follow Nsi on Facebook and Instagram for loads of inspiration and I remember a while back somebody recommended an Australian site for polish pro layering as its very popular there? I can't find it though!! Maybe an Australian geek could help?

I think wooshka is Australian ;)

Yep I sure am in Australia:)

I have some pics to load up but it will have to wait until my hubby gets home cause my mac doesn't want to play nice and let me upload, so hubby will have to help me work out what's going on.

I about to re-do all my color swatches, I bought those nail ring things that Maz raves about (I think it was Maz).

Yep I sure am in Australia:)

I have some pics to load up but it will have to wait until my hubby gets home cause my mac doesn't want to play nice and let me upload, so hubby will have to help me work out what's going on.

I about to re-do all my color swatches, I bought those nail ring things that Maz raves about (I think it was Maz).

I'm so excited :D

Thank you wooshka, the gesture is much appreciated x

You are welcome:)
Ask what you want, I'm happy to help.

Yes, you prep exactly the same as you would for PP application but if you use Endure, you do not have to use the PP base coat.
yes, it goes on smooth and thin, I use a gel brush to apply. If the client needs extra strength, use 2 layers of Endure curing in between each layer for 90secs in your UV or 30secs in LED. I have used both UV and LED to cure and as expected, both cured and lasted fine.
As I said, because of the thinner viscosity of Endure, it is to much work to build the apex to use for enhancements but if you were prepared to flash cure to avoid losing your apex shape, then try it and see what you think.

I use NSI acetone for all my removals of all my soak off services, I don't seem to have any problems with it drying out the nails or skin and causing any issues. Of course there is temporary dehydration but it's exactly that, temporary:)

I'm happy to get some pics for you.

Waffle, I don't know if you agree or not but a pic just doesn't show exactly how bright the VIpink is, does it? I didn't think it would be as neon as it is until I actually saw it in person.
The Blue Velvet Rope is the most popular out of this collection with my younger clients and I've even had a 50+ lady wear it, which really surprised me. I thought the VIpink and Hot Orange were going to be the most popular, it just goes to show that clients can be unpredictable sometimes.

Hi wooshka I'm having trouble with french polish pro only . Other colour seems to stay but whenever I do french ,it always seems to chip off at free edge . I'm using the same method as other colours .and I'm using whole nsi system . I don't think it's product . It's my application . I use bianca and pink cashmere . But one thing I wd like to mention I have done french on all very small nails so it was kind of difficult to cap the free edge but I did it the way fingernailfixer shows in shellac capping . Hmmmm what to do x

Here we go (finally) I started out putting the bottles in the pic but it got too hard to get close enough and keep in focus, so I only did it with the Bright Nights colors sorry. I only did a selected few, if anybody wants a particular color, let me know and I'll do it for you. I have also included a pic of my entire collection (still waiting on Sweet Dreams to Arrive) and as I said, I'm about to redo all my color swatches onto nailrings that will then sit over the bottle handles cause I hate the stick swatches being on the one big ring.
Anyway, onto the pics........I hope they turn out ok, I've never uploaded before:)

1 to 3 is the Bright Nights Collection:
Pic 1 - Lemon Twist & Bright Magenta.
Pic 2 - In the Limelight & Hot Orange
Pic 3 - Blue Velvet Rope & VI Pink

Pic 4, 5 & 6 are from the Weekend in Sedona collection (names on bottles)

Pic 7 is the Fall Gala collection- names in order as they appear left to right:
Black Tie Only, Dirty Martini, Goodnight Kiss, Golden Gala, Tangerine Dream and You Look Grape.

Pic 8 is the Resort collection- names in order as they appear left to right:
Bronze Goddess, Lime in the Coconut, Pink Pareo, Private Island, Tennis Buff and Where the Glitterati Go.

Pic 9 is the Accessory collection, done half over Ebony(black), again names appear in order from left to right:
All that Glitters, Emerald Cut, Silver Choos, Blue Satin Clutch, Pink Peep Toes and Vintage.

Pic 10 is my entire collection.

Pic 11 is meant to be a pic of my nails after I removed my PP and Endure early this morning before my first client for the day. It didn't turn out very well cause it's too bright but I can assure you there is no damage, no white spots or anything.
The only bad bit is my very wonky natural smile lines due to me being a biter most my life, I stopped biting on Boxing day last year, so this is how much growth I have had in nearly 5 months:) I've had no breakages at all thanks to PP and Endure.
I wanted to try and get as close as possible but my camera just wouldn't allow me to get a good in focus shot with the lighting.
As I said, I don't take pics cause I don't have a need to, so I didn't realise how hard it is to do and not get shadows etc.

Anyway, I hope this helps, like I said, I'm happy to do more if anybody wants a certain color, just ask:) I did try and do a pic of all the whites but sadly on camera, they all pretty much looked the same and none of the beautiful shimmers showed up, so I didn't bother adding it.

Oh! darn! I wanted to get a pic of the Apres Ski that I mentioned, I'll try and do this one and put it up so you can see what I was talking about.

One other thing I did want to mention is, I use that sticky nail bandage on my thumb and pointer nails/fingers when I'm wearing PP as this helps to prevent any products breaking down my own PP service.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 597
  • IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_0232.jpg
    IMG_0232.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_0235.jpg
    IMG_0235.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0236.jpg
    IMG_0236.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0241.jpg
    IMG_0241.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0242.jpg
    IMG_0242.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_0243.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0246.jpg
    IMG_0246.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0248.jpg
    IMG_0248.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 192
Here we go (finally) I started out putting the bottles in the pic but it got too hard to get close enough and keep in focus, so I only did it with the Bright Nights colors sorry. I only did a selected few, if anybody wants a particular color, let me know and I'll do it for you. I have also included a pic of my entire collection (still waiting on Sweet Dreams to Arrive) and as I said, I'm about to redo all my color swatches onto nailrings that will then sit over the bottle handles cause I hate the stick swatches being on the one big ring.
Anyway, onto the pics........I hope they turn out ok, I've never uploaded before:)

1 to 3 is the Bright Nights Collection:
Pic 1 - Lemon Twist & Bright Magenta.
Pic 2 - In the Limelight & Hot Orange
Pic 3 - Blue Velvet Rope & VI Pink

Pic 4, 5 & 6 are from the Weekend in Sedona collection (names on bottles)

Pic 7 is the Fall Gala collection- names in order as they appear left to right:
Black Tie Only, Dirty Martini, Goodnight Kiss, Golden Gala, Tangerine Dream and You Look Grape.

Pic 8 is the Resort collection- names in order as they appear left to right:
Bronze Goddess, Lime in the Coconut, Pink Pareo, Private Island, Tennis Buff and Where the Glitterati Go.

Pic 9 is the Accessory collection, done half over Ebony(black), again names appear in order from left to right:
All that Glitters, Emerald Cut, Silver Choos, Blue Satin Clutch, Pink Peep Toes and Vintage.

Pic 10 is my entire collection.

Pic 11 is meant to be a pic of my nails after I removed my PP and Endure early this morning before my first client for the day. It didn't turn out very well cause it's too bright but I can assure you there is no damage, no white spots or anything.
The only bad bit is my very wonky natural smile lines due to me being a biter most my life, I stopped biting on Boxing day last year, so this is how much growth I have had in nearly 5 months:) I've had no breakages at all thanks to PP and Endure.
I wanted to try and get as close as possible but my camera just wouldn't allow me to get a good in focus shot with the lighting.
As I said, I don't take pics cause I don't have a need to, so I didn't realise how hard it is to do and not get shadows etc.

Anyway, I hope this helps, like I said, I'm happy to do more if anybody wants a certain color, just ask:) I did try and do a pic of all the whites but sadly on camera, they all pretty much looked the same and none of the beautiful shimmers showed up, so I didn't bother adding it.

Oh! darn! I wanted to get a pic of the Apres Ski that I mentioned, I'll try and do this one and put it up so you can see what I was talking about.

One other thing I did want to mention is, I use that sticky nail bandage on my thumb and pointer nails/fingers when I'm wearing PP as this helps to prevent any products breaking down my own PP service.

Wooshka...you are a Saint! You've gone above and beyond and I (as well as many other geeks I'm sure) appreciate it so much!

The colours are everything I hoped for and you have sealed my decision, I'm so excited :)

Your nail after removal is immaculate, I can't believe this product has gone under the radar, even though it is also down to the technician and you are obviously very skilled.

Thank you once again x

Oh and I see what you mean about the neons!!! Haha, gorgeous.

Sayanigirl, it sounds like your leaving to much bulk on the edge of your nail.
It is hard to apply thin when you are applying to short nails.
Just remember you are using Polish Pro, not Shellac and with PP we don't cap the free edge with color coats, only with base and top coats.
Even with the base and top coat though, you still need to get it thin and have no pooling at the free edge edge.

Make sure your brush is not overloaded with color, really wipe it out and just have minimal product on your brush when doing the white and make sure you wipe down from smile line to free edge edge after you have applied, so you wipe off any excess you may have left there. Another suggestion is to try and use a smaller gel/art brush than the actual PP brush. Some techs find the PP brush too big to work with when doing a french on very short nails, although the PP brush is not overly big, sometimes we need the brush to be smaller. Just put some of your white out onto a plastic backed sheet, the plastic paper from a form or whatever surface you have that doesn't absorb product but can be thrown away or cleaned thoroughly. Pick up the white from this blob and apply with separate brush.
This same brush can be used to refine your smile line if needed. Just use a teeny amount of NSI Cleanse to slightly moisten the brush and clean off with Cleanse after each swipe by having a lint free pad moistened with Cleanse but dry it off well before going in for your next swipe.

Make sure you pull the skin away as much as possible when applying your white and maybe look at changing how you apply, as in, do you go from side to centre then other side to centre or do you go in down strokes going across the nail and then refine?

Make sure you look at your nail from all angles after applying the white so you can visually see if there is any pooling/thicker spots and if you do see any, go back over and wipe it off with the brush but make sure your brush is empty of product when doing this, so you don't add any product.

It sounds like you are leaving to much product on your brush when first applying and you are getting a pooling at the free edge edge, this will definitely cause chipping.

Also, make sure your lamp bulbs are ok, cause if they are not and they are trying to cure a thick white layer, it just simply will not cure correctly and might be contributing to the issue. Even if your bulbs are good, it is possible the PP is not curing correctly due to thick application and this too will contribute to chipping at the free edge.

Hope this helps:)

Thanks Raindrop, glad I could help.

It does frustrate me that PP isn't on the radar more but as I said, in the start of the gel polish craze, many techs just jumped in thinking it is easy and when things went wrong, they blamed the product, this sadly happens way to often with many good quality products.
I also think that way too many techs just expect a product to work for everybody(clients) and it just won't.

I really think this is what happened with PP, which is such a shame cause it is a good product but instead of the techs realising that they could be using it wrong or it's not suited to the clients they are using it on, they just bad mouthed it and jumped ship.
I know quite a few techs who keep jumping ship and they just won't wake up to the fact that it's them causing the problems, not the product.

I'm very happy with PP and always have been and so are my clients. It's not for all my clients but thanks to Endure, more of my clients can now give PP a go.

Good luck with getting your stock, if you need any help, I'm happy to help.

I will try again with gel brush . I only cap base and top coat . Thankyou for reply . I wish I can see you working .(Skype)...... I will let you know how I got on . Xxx

Wow wooshka what an angel you are to provide such in depth info which will be so useful for anyone considering polish pro. You really should be the polish pro PR guru ;)

Wow wooshka what an angel you are to provide such in depth info which will be so useful for anyone considering polish pro. You really should be the polish pro PR guru ;)

I second that notion ;)

I bought the polish pro base, top and a few colours and this is "kiss on the lift" with "save the date" layered on top on my daughter. Save the date is quite sheer on its own but lovely layered. Hope that helps

love the nail art. sometimes i just didn't how to make a pretty nail art on very short nails, this is a great reference. :D

Wooshka, would you be able to post pics of the sweet dreams collection swatches when you've had a play please? Can't wait :)

Yep, I can do that for you:)

I just wanted to add, I have a regular client coming for removal and re-application later this afternoon. Her nails are shocking, they peel, crack and chip often no matter what we do. She is also one of these clients who does not take good care of her nails and uses them as tools but she is determined to have PP on her nails.
She popped in yesterday to show me her nails and every single nail has broken off over the course of the last 2 weeks and of course taken the PP with it from the broken free edges, but what PP was left on the nails, has stayed fully intact, it's not lifted or peeled off since it's seal was broken when her nails broke.

I am finding on some client lately, that it's staying on too good:)

Last edited:
Yep, I can do that for you:)

I just wanted to add, I have a regular client coming for removal and re-application later this afternoon. Her nails are shocking, they peel, crack and chip often no matter what we do. She is also one of these clients who does not take good care of her nails and uses them as tools but she is determined to have PP on her nails.
She popped in yesterday to show me her nails and every single nail has broken off over the course of the last 2 weeks and of course taken the PP with it from the broken free edges, but what PP was left on the nails, has stayed fully intact, it's not lifted or peeled off since it's seal was broken when her nails broke.

I am finding on some client lately, that it's staying on too good:)
Whooska can you please swatch The calming lavender color?!!
In looking for a lilac color in soak off but hete in México no luck with gel brands, hope you can help me thanks!!!!

Latest posts

Back