NSI Gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginahhrose

Reaction score
Hi :)
Got a few questions about NSI gel, so sorry if this is really long!

First, ive got a white body builder gel, i only got taught at college to do clear builder, white, pink builder then clear top. Whats the differance between builder and body builder?

Also, i went for an interveiw in a salon and i did one nail to show them, they didnt use the clear, only pink and white but i was taught at college to prep, then clear builder, white, then pink, then topcoat. But ive know been told you can do it anyway but my teacher told me you need the clear, asin its like a base coat as you would with polish. I know lots of people do things differantly but whats the best way people have found to do the white tips with gel?

ginahh xxxxxxx

Hi :)
Got a few questions about NSI gel, so sorry if this is really long!

First, ive got a white body builder gel, i only got taught at college to do clear builder, white, pink builder then clear top. Whats the differance between builder and body builder?

Also, i went for an interveiw in a salon and i did one nail to show them, they didnt use the clear, only pink and white but i was taught at college to prep, then clear builder, white, then pink, then topcoat. But ive know been told you can do it anyway but my teacher told me you need the clear, asin its like a base coat as you would with polish. I know lots of people do things differantly but whats the best way people have found to do the white tips with gel?

ginahh xxxxxxx

Body Builder is just slightly thicker than Builder - that's the difference. People who work in warmer areas tend to like the Body Builders. For the white NSI gels, our Body Builder Whites are much thicker than the Brush On French White (which paints on like polish almost), but they are thinner than the Sculpting White (which is the consistency of peanut butter).

NSI recommends a thin lock-in layer for a base. You could do this with a clear or pink gel, really. For example, if you intended to do a pink and white gel with Builder Blush, you could start with a very thin layer of Builder Blush for the base, then go on to build the nail with the same gel.

If you had more questions, I would be happy to put you in touch with an educator. You can PM me your e-mail address if you are interested in that.

ohh thanks!! i understand now :)

think i might get on with the body builer! find the brush on to runny for me atm and the sculpter to hard!!

do ime definetly right in thinking that the lock in layer can be anything? it doesnt need to be clear, it can be the pink ime using?

i dont know how to pm, ive completly forgot :') could you pm me first so i can send it you? xxx

ohh thanks!! i understand now :)

think i might get on with the body builer! find the brush on to runny for me atm and the sculpter to hard!!

do ime definetly right in thinking that the lock in layer can be anything? it doesnt need to be clear, it can be the pink ime using?

i dont know how to pm, ive completly forgot :') could you pm me first so i can send it you? xxx

Haha! It's like the story of the three little bears and the porridge. One was too hot, one was too cold, and one was JUST right. I think you'll find that the Body Builder is pretty easy to work with. Thicker, but it will still self-level.

Yes, you can use clear or pink as your base. I'll send you a PM so I can get your information for an educator.

haha it is!!!!!

thank you xxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back