NSI Illusion gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TweezerHappy

Reaction score
Have any of you got it?

I'm loving the colours. My new fav is Supernatural.

How are you finding the soak off? I'm having issues. I've spoke to NSI about it. They've been great. I'm going to give it one more try before I give up on the system and choose another, which will be the last resort.
Posted via Mobile Device

I know this is an oldish post but what problems have you been having? I trained with NSI and used to use their balance gels, am just about to start up again and was looking for an alternative to bio sculpture, they didn't do the illusion range back then but was considering giving it a try.

I was feeling pressure on my nails when it was soaking off. My friend was the same. NSI said it was due to shrinkage. They said some people feel it but most don't and people that do say it's very mild. We must just be sensitive to it.

Customer service from NSI has been great. I got a full refund for the gels I had bought which was nearly £150. I wasn't expecting that, tbh.

They said they're going to look into the shrinkage and if they make any changes they're going to send me a sample to see how it feels.

Soak off is the only issue I had with the gel. I loved the colours and was reluctant to give it up. But there was no point me having a soak off gel that I'd have to buff off.

HTH
Lx
Posted via Mobile Device

Have any of you got it?

I'm loving the colours. My new fav is Supernatural.

How are you finding the soak off? I'm having issues. I've spoke to NSI about it. They've been great. I'm going to give it one more try before I give up on the system and choose another, which will be the last resort.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dear TweezerHappy,

If you love Supernatural, but want to use a similar color in the Balance line (traditional buff-off gel), you can try Seduction. They are practically the same.

I'll be sure to stay in touch about Illusion.

Last edited:
I had the same issue but i actually found it quite painfull and the gell didnt really soak off. Iv used calgel before and I expected it to soak off the same, but it was nothing like it

Any ideas will be appreciated as appart from the soaking off i love this gel

I had the same problem....gel went on really well and liked the colours, but didn't really soak off and I ended up buffing it off instead...which kinda looses the point of spending money on soak offs when they don't do the job :(
Luckily I only bought 4 colours, but haven't used them since, which is a shame as they're lovely!

Same thing. I didn't see the point of having a soak off gel that I had to buff off. Contact NSI as I did. Their customer service was great.

Latest posts

Back