NSI Polish Pro help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happygirl013

Reaction score
Is it anybody using Nsi polish pro with success? I am really struggling with it and probably ready to give up. I have been using all NSI products for my acrylics but not sure if i should continue with Polish pro. Is any of your offering polish pro? I am really taking my time in prep but they only seem to last for about 3 days! Any help will be greatly appreciated.
thanks

I too had problems with polish pro not lasting I switched to shellac three months ago and haven't looked back! Sorry nothing more positive to say about polish pro x

Sorry me neither, I went to Polish Pro as I used NSI Gel so wanted to be consistent but I too switched to Shellac as couldnt get on with it and I never looked back! Plus I switched to Brisa Gel too! x

I am the exact same! I trained with NSI so I use there acrylic and everything really. So when I got the polish pro it was so thick! Just unbearable to work with! Every time someone booked with me I dreaded doing it as it would always wrinkle (too thick application, I know) but I couldn't get the coverage without it being like 4 layers thick so after a couple of days it would just peel. So anyway I work with gelish in one job and I'm booked in for shellac this month for my own business. :)

Sorry me neither, I went to Polish Pro as I used NSI Gel so wanted to be consistent but I too switched to Shellac as couldnt get on with it and I never looked back! Plus I switched to Brisa Gel too! x

I'm also switching to brisa

Thank you so much for your advice. I have been researching it for ages and everyone had mixed feelings about it, so i thought i give it a go..I am not impressed..I just came back from another chipped nail..

Think I must be one of the few who doesn't have any problems.
Only seal the free edge with the base and top coat and make sure your first colour coat is almost transparent.
With problem pickers I tend to put 2 coats of top coat on. So far so good x

I too had problems with polish pro not lasting I switched to shellac three months ago and haven't looked back! Sorry nothing more positive to say about polish pro x

Snap.- only I switched over a year ago after it chipped on me after a few days and my nails barely chip with polish on after 10 Days!

x

That is good news. I am just really struggling with it. I am applying it really thin so don't think my application is the problem. French seems to come off completely! One lady came back next day!! I just find it really frustrating. I only seal the base and top coat as recommended by NSI. I do take my time in prep, Any other advice? I would love it to work as i said before i am using all of nsi products but it just seems to me it is not worth sleepless nights. Ufff x

Hi,

Have you tried the base coat Endure, to use w/ your polish pro? it's helpful when clients have soft or damaged nails. If you want to try polish pro again shoot me an email - [email protected] and I will try and make sure you are satisfied w/ the product!

Thanks!

Are you using entirely NSI products?
Like Nail Pure, Cleanse, Vanish etc etc or are you mixing products?

What lamps are you using?
You must use a 36w (4 bulb) lamp.

You say you are doing prep correctly, can you take me through your steps?

I have used PP since it was first launched here in Australia and continue to use it to this day (so about 2 years) and apart from the first formula being a bit too thick, I have never had any problems.
Once NSI changed the formula and offered the new "Renew" thinning product, I have not had any problems at all and absolutely love it.
To be honest, I have only had to use the Renew 2 times since I bought some and I have nearly every color of the entire range and use them all.

There are a few key elements:
Thin layers and only capping the base and top coats not color coats.
Not touching any skin is paramount.
Making sure your prep is done correctly.
The correct lamp.
Correct after care.

If you want to tell me what your steps are, I will try to help further:)

Hi,
Thank you so much for your reply.
I have few friends in Australia that use Polish pro and never had a problem either! I am a strong believer that you never mix the products. So yes i am using ALL NSI range( nail pure, cleanse, lamp..).
I do find that my polish pro it is a bit thick..i have bought " renew" and tried it, but still struggling. Maybe is my prep.
I push cuticle, gently buff, wipe with nail pure, base coat( capping the free edge), color-NOT capping the free edge, and top coat again capping the free edge, Cleanse, oil..(sorry hope this makes sense).
Thanks again for your help :)

I have used PP since it was first launched here in Australia and continue to use it to this day (so about 2 years) and apart from the first formula being a bit too thick, I have never had any problems.
Once NSI changed the formula and offered the new "Renew" thinning product, I have not had any problems at all and absolutely love it.
To be honest, I have only had to use the Renew 2 times since I bought some and I have nearly every color of the entire range and use them all.

The correct lamp.
Correct after care.

Hi

I have spoken to NSI(Manchester)about endure product if they think it will help but they said it will only be helpful with clients with damaged nails. I still haven't given up on the polish pro but really struggling.
Will send you an email.
Thanks

Have you tried the base coat Endure, to use w/ your polish pro? it's helpful when clients have soft or damaged nails. If you want to try polish pro again shoot me an email - [email protected] and I will try and make sure you are satisfied w/ the product!

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I have been using Polish Pro now for a couple of months.

I have found with some clients it doesn't last so I started trying balance bond primer in the treatment and have found it a success. I love Polish Pro and the new formula is better to work with I have to admit.

hth :)

The correct lamp.
Correct after care.

I'm so sorry I didn't get back to this thread but it's been a couple of months now since you asked and I hope things have improved for you.

One of the steps I see you are missing in your steps is cuticle remover.
Do you use vanish in your prep step? It is vital to use a cuticle remover especially if it is a new client and then I use it on every 2nd application.
If your PP services are coming of in one whole piece, this says 2 things to me, one there is cuticle left on the nail and the PP is not adhering correctly and it might be time to change your bulbs cause it might not be curing correctly.
Can I also suggest you invest in a curette, this awesome little tool has changed many a techs life, including my own. I have no lifting at all on any services now and this is because in combo with Vanish, I know I am removing all the cuticle but you must make sure you remove all the vanish residue from the nail using Cleanse before you start your service.

As Jamie as already mentioned, the new Endure is AWESOME!! but yes, it is used for people with weak nails who require that bit of extra strength.
I think the reason Jamie might have mentioned it is because PP (like any gel polish) sticks to enhancement products better than it does to just the natural nail, so if you were to use Endure, the PP would stick better basically.
Endure to me is basically NSI's version of the new Brisa Lite, it helps add strength, smooths out any ridges on the nails and it gives the nail a beautiful smooth look and the PP looks wonderful applied on top.
You can also use it to build some length using forms.

I know there is a lot of hype at how wonderful Shellac is and it is good, I'm not disputing that but PP is great too and I can tell you now that I have seen some Shellac bottle that are the same age as PP bottles but the Shellac is very thick and gloopy, that's one thing I love about NSI, they came up with a solution for this problem by providing us with Renew:)
Shellac is not problem free, just take a look at all the threads here on SG and you will see that the many techs have the same issues of thickness, peeling etc, so it is not PP techs that just have these issues, so it's not worth running out and changing systems just yet, you need to iron out nay problems that you yourself are contributing and then take it from there.

I push cuticle, gently buff, wipe with nail pure, base coat( capping the free edge), color-NOT capping the free edge, and top coat again capping the free edge, Cleanse, oil..(sorry hope this makes sense).

I know this is a month old.

When you say colour, are you just doing the one colour layer or two thin layers?

I have been using Polish Pro now for a couple of months.

I have found with some clients it doesn't last so I started trying balance bond primer in the treatment and have found it a success. I love Polish Pro and the new formula is better to work with I have to admit.

hth :)
Hi at what stage you use balance bond primer .plz let me know as I'm playing with polish pro too .x

Hi at what stage you use balance bond primer .plz let me know as I'm playing with polish pro too .x

I use it just before the base coat and after prepping the nail. So far even on myself it holds at the free edge

Last edited:
I use it just before the base coat and prepping the nail. So far even on myself it holds at the free edge

Ok thankyou . U mean b4 base coat and after prepping the nail . Mine lift at the free edge too. Have u used it on clients . Is it still easy to remove . Thanks x

Ok thankyou . U mean b4 base coat and after prepping the nail . Mine lift at the free edge too. Have u used it on clients . Is it still easy to remove . Thanks x

I used it on a friend to try it out and although she picked it off (she did get a lecture for this) she said it was easy to come off. I haven't taken mine off yet but will let you know how it goes :) x

Latest posts

Back