NVQ 3 B20 provide body massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NVQ 3 B20 Provide Body Massage

• NVQ 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B20 Provide Body Massage

• essential knowledge and understanding

• Total voters

JLD

Reaction score
Hello ,
I was wondering if anyone could help me ...
I am currently doing my NVQ 3 in body massage and currently completing my essential knowledge and understanding.
Ive got to a question and I dont understand how I am supoosed to answer it. If anyone could help I would much appreciate it....

1. Give examples of how you would adapt you manual and mechanical massage for the following client characteristics? Include Sequence, depth and Pressure. (Outcome 11, g, h )

Client Characteristics Manual Massage Mechanical Massage
Weight
Height
Posture
Muscle Tone
Skin condition

Thankyou Jess

Try putting the information in a table format
My students used to find this helped because it made them write a bit for each aspect and so covered each criteria.

Have 3 columns titled:
Client characteristics
Manual massage
Mechanical massage

Then down the side list the characteristics (you may want to group some of them where similar)
Then fill in the boxes thinking about each aspect as you go

A good text book and your tutor will be able to help you with any gaps you can't do yourself

Hope that makes sense!

Try putting the information in a table format
My students used to find this helped because it made them write a bit for each aspect and so covered each criteria.

Have 3 columns titled:
Client characteristics
Manual massage
Mechanical massage

Then down the side list the characteristics (you may want to group some of them where similar)
Then fill in the boxes thinking about each aspect as you go

A good text book and your tutor will be able to help you with any gaps you can't do yourself

Hope that makes sense!
Hello,

I do currently have the table I just don't understand the question. Weight? Do they mean skinny / big ?
I did ask my tutor for help but she said what I don't know leave blank. But I don't want to be missing questions.
I have The book beauty therapy level 3. Fourth edition - Lorraine Nordmann

Thank you

Hello,

I do currently have the table I just don't understand the question. Weight? Do they mean skinny / big ?
I did ask my tutor for help but she said what I don't know leave blank. But I don't want to be missing questions.
I have The book beauty therapy level 3. Fourth edition - Lorraine Nordmann

Thank you
Exactly that :)

How would your massage technique be different if your client was very slim or very overweight.

Exactly that :)

How would your massage technique be different if your client was very slim or very overweight.
Ok , but when they say height ? If someone is short or tall . I've been asked to include sequence, depth and pressure. I don't understand what a difference height would make to your massage ?
If anyone could give me an example it would be much appreciated.
Thank you

Ok , but when they say height ? If someone is short or tall . I've been asked to include sequence, depth and pressure. I don't understand what a difference height would make to your massage ?
If anyone could give me an example it would be much appreciated.
Thank you
Maybe think about if the client is very tall, they might not fit on your couch, so you can't massage at full pressure if their legs are hanging over the edge.

A shorter client might need assistance getting on and off the table.

TBH I'm not entirely sure on the height one. I'd ask your tutor for some help!

If your client is tall / short then your effleurage strokes will be longer / shorter. You may need to change your stance at the couch so you can reach appropriately
X

If your client is tall / short then your effleurage strokes will be longer / shorter. You may need to change your stance at the couch so you can reach appropriately
X
Thankyou, and health? would this mean an unhealthy client/healthy client.... and do they mean this by the contra-indications a client would have and how it would change the treatment?

Hi,
I'm struggling to work out which exam board you are studying with?
The closest wording to your #1 post is from VTCT:

"g. Explain how to adapt the massage sequence, depth and pressure to suit different client physical characteristics, areas of the body and client preferences for manual massage
h. Explain how to adapt the massage sequence, depth and pressure to suit different client physical characteristics and areas of the body for mechanical massage"

Are these the precise criteria you are trying to answer? Which exam board is it?
You may be trying to put in information that the criteria doesn't require and is probably covered else where in your portfolio?

For the 'health' bit you could cross reference to where you have answered the criteria on contra-indications and contra-actions & how you deal with them.

Hi,
I'm struggling to work out which exam board you are studying with?
The closest wording to your #1 post is from VTCT:

"g. Explain how to adapt the massage sequence, depth and pressure to suit different client physical characteristics, areas of the body and client preferences for manual massage
h. Explain how to adapt the massage sequence, depth and pressure to suit different client physical characteristics and areas of the body for mechanical massage"

Are these the precise criteria you are trying to answer? Which exam board is it?
You may be trying to put in information that the criteria doesn't require and is probably covered else where in your portfolio?

For the 'health' bit you could cross reference to where you have answered the criteria on contra-indications and contra-actions & how you deal with them.
Hello , this is my exact question.
16. Give examples of how you would adapt your manual and mechanical massage for the following client characteristics? Include sequence l, depth and pressure. (Outcome 11, g,h)
Then beneath I have a table.
Client characteristics -- manual massage--- mechanical massage

Weight
Height
Posture
Muscle tone
Skin condition

Thank you

X

your answers have been helpful to me too, thank you :)

If someone is very slim/bony, you would normally apply less pressure. The same applies to elderly clients.

Latest posts

Back