Nvq help needed badly!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapphire nails

Reaction score
Hi,

heres my story..... i did my NVQ level 2 and 3 in 2004 with a private assor that i went to for assements. i completed my course and then had to hand my book to an internal verifier in kent. When i contacted the internal verifier to arrange how i was to get my book to her, she said i was to send it to her so she could mark it, but at the time i was working in bluewater and she said that she often went to bluewater, we arranged a date and she came to my work and PHYICALLY took it from my hands.

I had never done a private NVQ so wasnt sure on how long the
certificate would take to come through.

Anyhoo i let time go by and most of the time forgot about it because i changed career ( due to injury).

I got in contact with a guy called Bob through ANT about a 1-1.5 years ago and he's been chasing it up for me.
It turns out my folder is lost, i spent hundreds on my NVQ and he hes chasing all avenues for me but no one can seen to be found.......
I called yesterday and today to get an update of progress from him and the line is now dead.

WHAT CAN I DO?

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY NUMBER I CAN CONTACT THAT DEALS WITH NVQ NAIL

Im so so upset I cant move forward with out my NVQ and at the present time i cant afford to do another NVQ , nor do i feel i should have to after i have already done my hard work fo it.

so sorry its so long winded im not good at putting my words into writing.

Thanks so much

Have you tried City and Guilds? They might be able to help.
I had a problem with my college certificate not being issued due to an error made by the college.

Hope you get it sorted.
:hug:

Oh dear! What a messy business.

Who were you registered with for your NVQ? C&G, VTCT or another? They will have details of your registration. They will also have details of your assessor and internal verifier.

Unfortunately, this type of process often uses an assessor from one place, an IV from another and an external verifier from another all of which give room for mistakes and confusion.

I don't know why your assessor didn't hand your portfolio to IV, after all it is her work that needs verifying!

Go direct to the Awarding Body. If you still have your registration doc look up your candidate reg number as that will make life easier but they should still be able to find you through your name and should have details of the assessor and IV. If they haven't or if they have no record of you registering then you will have lost the lot I'm afraid.

You need to contact your original assessor at the private academy where you studied. She should have a separate log of all your assessments and decisions so that this type of mishap does not mean redoing all your work. If she has been following guidelines, she will still have your records.

I would also contact the exam board that you were registered with to see if they can be of any assistance, but to be honest this is really down to you, the assessor, and the iv. However, if an ev visit took place and your portfolio was checked, the exam board may be able to help.

Hope this makes sense. If I can be of any further assistance call me on 01708 737800.

Just reread yr thread and noticed that the course was 5 years ago, so assessor may not still have your info - give it a try tho.

Hi, that is disgraceful and it so sucks ,
but if it was anything to do with LSC and learning providers I noticed in the Habia news that they are looking into why a lot of people are on the training providers lists and never got their certficates issued to them ,
you could ring them up or ask Habia to point you in the right direction
hope you get somwhere :hug: x minky

Latest posts

Back