Off to cook my Lobby!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oey

Reaction score
Well - just started to cook our Lobby for tea, which dont know if some of you know is a traditional staffordshire dish for winter!

Seen as I have made so many lovely geeky friends on here would love to know some recipes for local dishes where you come from. Just get bored sometimes eating the same old things.

Please share your recipes: :)

share the recipe hun :hug::hug: here,s one for ya

Slices of potatoe.. par cooked (micro with water for 15mins)
bacon (cubed)
mushroom (diced)
onion (sliced)

Lightly fry the mush, bacon, and onion..
in an oven proof dish layer the potatoes, then a layer of bacon mixer....

Over the top of all the mixture cover with milk and cream with a dash of salt and pepper..

Cook in oven for approx 1 - 1 1/2 hrs lecci 160,o

serve with baked beans or veg its up to you... uummmmm my fav

HH we have a similar one, but substitute chicken pieces for the mushrooms and bacon, with a sprinkle of paprika over the top. It's one of our faves too!

So come on Oey, what on earth is lobby? i know what you mean about getting stuck in a cooking rut, we have the same stuff week in week out!

share the recipe hun :hug::hug: here,s one for ya

Slices of potatoe.. par cooked (micro with water for 15mins)
bacon (cubed)
mushroom (diced)
onion (sliced)

Lightly fry the mush, bacon, and onion..
in an oven proof dish layer the potatoes, then a layer of bacon mixer....

Over the top of all the mixture cover with milk and cream with a dash of salt and pepper..

Cook in oven for approx 1 - 1 1/2 hrs lecci 160,o

serve with baked beans or veg its up to you... uummmmm my fav

MMMmmmmm! sounds nice - what is it called?

Lobby:

put the following ingredients into a large boiling pot of water:

Stewing beef
chopped potatoes
carrots
swedes
onions
parsnips
(any winter vegetables really)
Bring to the boil and them simmer for a few hours.

When almost cooked add some dumpling (home made or frozen - pref home made) and add some beef stock.

Cook further until the dumplings are cooked and serve.

Individual can add any sauce that they wish to add flavour.

Some areas might call this different names, but to us Stokies it will always be LOBBY!

Ah we just call that stew and dumplings! I add a teaspoonful of English mustard and a dash of Lea and Perrins , and if I feel very decadent, half a bottle of red wine!

Ah we just call that stew and dumplings! I add a teaspoonful of English mustard and a dash of Lea and Perrins , and if I feel very decadent, half a bottle of red wine!
exactly what i put in my stews as well... de de de de de de de de how spokey is that,,,

As for the name of mine.. uummmm.... bacon and pot bake.. he he eh:lol::lol:

MMMmmmmm! sounds nice - what is it called?

Lobby:

put the following ingredients into a large boiling pot of water:

Stewing beef
chopped potatoes
carrots
swedes
onions
parsnips
(any winter vegetables really)
Bring to the boil and them simmer for a few hours.

When almost cooked add some dumpling (home made or frozen - pref home made) and add some beef stock.

Cook further until the dumplings are cooked and serve.

Individual can add any sauce that they wish to add flavour.

Some areas might call this different names, but to us Stokies it will always be LOBBY!

I you were here in Liverpool you would`ve just made a pan of scouse!!!!:)

Well - just started to cook our Lobby for tea, which dont know if some of you know is a traditional staffordshire dish for winter!

Seen as I have made so many lovely geeky friends on here would love to know some recipes for local dishes where you come from. Just get bored sometimes eating the same old things.

Please share your recipes: :)

Oooooh Oey, will have to get you onto some of the South African dishes. Ever heard of Boboetjie and Borewors? Mmmmmmmm yummy! Will have to go and check my old recipe books.:)

Oooooh Oey, will have to get you onto some of the South African dishes. Ever heard of Boboetjie and Borewors? Mmmmmmmm yummy! Will have to go and check my old recipe books.:)

Come on then Tracey - share the recipes on what ever they are called (wouldnt know where to start and pronounce it).

:lol:

Theresa - I do something very similar..............just use minced beef instead, and sometimes add broth mix to make it nice and thick. Deeeeelicious!! :green: Great for winter fodder eh!!

Martine x

Bummer :irked: I thought you were talking about Lobster, you had me excited for a minute there.:)
Then i realised it seemed more like Irish Stew with dumplings (hearty & yummy indeed), guess I'll invent an Aussie Stew and perhaps call it "Prawny" just to make people interested (no prawns in in of course), i think I'll use wombat, koala or kangaroo instead.:lol:

I was brought up traditional Irish boiled bacon and cabbage! Having Irish grandparents who were like mum and dad no 2! LOL :green:

And last week I went out and got a boiling joint of bacon from the butchers, on the boil for 4 hours, chuck in the chopped cabbage at the last half hour and serve with boiled poatoes..

yummy.. My all time favourite Irish dish. Bacon ribs boiled used to be yummy too but I can find them over here! :rolleyes:

Grandad used to like 'Crew Beans' or pigs trotters boiled! ewwww i didnt like the thought or the look of them! :eek:

Bummer :irked: I thought you were talking about Lobster, you had me excited for a minute there.:)
Then i realised it seemed more like Irish Stew with dumplings (hearty & yummy indeed), guess I'll invent an Aussie Stew and perhaps call it "Prawny" just to make people interested (no prawns in in of course), i think I'll use wombat, koala or kangaroo instead.:lol:

But they're fluffy cuddly animals :eek:

I was brought up traditional Irish boiled bacon and cabbage! Having Irish grandparents who were like mum and dad no 2! LOL :green:

And last week I went out and got a boiling joint of bacon from the butchers, on the boil for 4 hours, chuck in the chopped cabbage at the last half hour and serve with boiled poatoes..

yummy.. My all time favourite Irish dish. Bacon ribs boiled used to be yummy too but I can find them over here! :rolleyes:

Grandad used to like 'Crew Beans' or pigs trotters boiled! ewwww i didnt like the thought or the look of them! :eek:
Bacon & CABBAGE !!!!!!!!:eek:
OPEN THE WINDOWS !!!!!:lol:

But they're fluffy cuddly animals :eek:
Cows are cute too !!!!! and lambsies, piggsies, wittle chickens, ducks etc........ such a shame they taste so good:)
Don't think about it .... EAT IT!!!!

BACON PUDDING

My lot go mad for this one and its really easy.

self raising flour
suet (half amount of the flour)
packet (or 2) of smoked back bacon
2 onions

Make up a massive dumpling, roll out (making it longer, than wider), lay bacon on top and then sliced onions all over that and roll up in a pudding cloth (I use a white pillowcase) tie with string and steam or boil for about 2hrs.

When cooked, slice up and serve with baked beans and mash. My nan used to do this with curly kale and gravy but we prefer the first option.

Yummy, scrummy!

Teri x:hug:

BACON PUDDING

My lot go mad for this one and its really easy.

self raising flour
suet (half amount of the flour)
packet (or 2) of smoked back bacon
2 onions

Make up a massive dumpling, roll out (making it longer, than wider), lay bacon on top and then sliced onions all over that and roll up in a pudding cloth (I use a white pillowcase) tie with string and steam or boil for about 2hrs.

When cooked, slice up and serve with baked beans and mash. My nan used to do this with curly kale and gravy but we prefer the first option.

Yummy, scrummy!

Sounds good, so you mean like a savoury 'swiss roll' type thing??

MMmmm have to try that. xxx

Yep! Just like that. It's complete and utter stodge, comfort grub. All this talk of food, I'm hungry now!

Cows are cute too !!!!! and lambsies, piggsies, wittle chickens, ducks etc........ such a shame they taste so good:)
Don't think about it .... EAT IT!!!!

I do I do but I just try not to think about, especially when husband reminds me that Kelsie's legs look like drumsticks:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Latest posts

Back