Offer ~ 50% Off or Half Price

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I think 50% is too much. Sorry to throw the cat amongst the pigeons, but if I was a potential client I would wonder what the problem was for you to be offering such a substantial discount.

It's easier to get away with a substantial discount to an existing client because they come & spend money already.

It's more a point of introducing them to new treatments they perhaps wouldn't have thought of trying otherwise.

I wouldn't open up a 50% discount on just one treatment to all & sundry. You have to work twice as hard & use twice as much product. However, if it's controlled it can be a great way for more bums on seats & of course more dosh in the till.

In the past I have sent vouchers out for things like birthdays/christmas for a half price treatment...I look at the kind of treatments the client goes for and offer them something different which they may like as a way of introducing them to something new that they may add on to the things they book. eg - if a client always books in for manicures i send them a voucher for a half price pedicure when booked at the same time as their manicure, its always worked really well and mostly they continue to have the new treatment as well as their usual.

I am trying to think of ways to get new clients in without looking too cheap or too desperate!

i don't want to make it too complicated...i want to have an eye catching flyer that draws attention.

there have been so many good ideas given to me on this thread...i feel more confused than ever!!!! this is probably why i've never done an offer like this!!!!

I am trying to think of ways to get new clients in without looking too cheap or too desperate!

i don't want to make it too complicated...i want to have an eye catching flyer that draws attention.

there have been so many good ideas given to me on this thread...i feel more confused than ever!!!! this is probably why i've never done an offer like this!!!!

Why not use your existing clients then & reward them for sending you their friends & family? The new client could have a small voucher towards their 1st treatment & your existing one a gift by way of thank you

I would,nt do either.

unless you have a really good regular income each week and the area you are in,

for me that is too much may as well let them have what they want for free.

I offer a 20% discount, then for every £10 spent they get a monatory voucher back of £!.

That has been bringing loads of clients back all year.

the free gift is a great idea but you need the funds first to get the gift :)

I have a client referal scheme in place and have decided to incorporate something into my nex newsletter to remind all existing clients about it and also going to give them each the referal scheme info at their next appointment so they can take it away with them.

I wanted to do something seperately so I wasn't relying in my existing clients.

Lavender Rose: I think your idea of a £1 voucher for every £10 they spend is great and must prove to be very popular!

I'm so glad I'm giving this some more thought and didn't rush into anything!....and as I've already said...this is probably why I haven't done an offer such as this before!!!!!!

I think that people respond better to the word "FREE".
If you offer discounts, it is almost as if you are discounting your credability and that's not the image you want to paint for yourself.
Or add treatments for free that don't cost you much time or money.

A spa here have an offer, 2 for 1, treat a friend for free. They're running it for October and November but have terms and conditions, one of which being a minimum spend, o and it's valid mid week only.
They are getting a great response and are booked out three weeks in advance. Plus they are gaining alot of return custom.

Just thought id throw my opinion in to :)

When I first started I offered 50% off ANY treatment to all new clients on Thurs & Fris for the first two weeks I was there.

I was fully booked, didn't even have space for lunch or any breaks ! I promoted it in the local paper and in the hair salon 2 wks prior to launching and many of those first clients are still with me today.

I very occassionally offer 50% off NEW treatments or to new or existing clients, and have special offers again available to all clients but I wouldn't do it again across the range of treatments as I don't need to.

For anyone offering 50% off I always advise to ensure this is one treatment per client as I got caught out by one lady who booked in for virtually every treatment I had which meant lots of other clients couldn't get space for a treatment.

I don't think having discounts cheapens you in anyway at all, you will always get people that have no intention of booking in after their first discounted treatment but you will also get just as many loyal clients that may not have come to you had the incentive not been there in the first place.

i wouldnt do it for half price - it cheapens your product - how about 40% off for new clients and 30% discount for "loyal friends"

i never really understand why you would give a new client a better reward than a regulr client?! it just seems like a bit of a slap in the face for the clients that have been our bread and butter for so long. plus you aren't giving the new client much incentve to actually ecome a regular.

Latest posts

Back