Offering an additional gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveBeauty1

Reaction score
I currently offer shellac in my salon however clients have asked for another option.

Does anyone think this is a good idea? Also, which brand would you recommend in addition to shellac?

I love shellac and tho I have a few gellux colours I'm considering getting gelish in the future, so that I can have some colour options I don't have and think they should go well together.

I looked at the colours at excel and there are some lovely ones, might be an option

Yes gelish in the non-shellac colours would be good :)

Alot of the local salons do gelish would it be worth doing something different?

Sorry just to add would opi gel colour be a good option?

I've not used opi so can't answer, read good and bad things.

Sorry lol that want much help was it :rolleyes:

I used shellac for a while then introduced opi gelcolor, I now do far more opi and hardly any shellac, thinking of getting rid of it. Opi is great once you get used to it :wink2:

No that still helps :)

Oo interesting, can I be cheeky and ask how much you charged for shellac and how much you charge for opi gel colour?

Artistic colour gloss is great as is OPI gel colour although I think you get much more shrinkage from OPI, there is more colour options with artificial and it is cheaper! But both are great brands x

No that still helps :)

Oo interesting, can I be cheeky and ask how much you charged for shellac and how much you charge for opi gel colour?

I charge the same £22 for both and £24 for French

Artistic colour gloss is great as is OPI gel colour although I think you get much more shrinkage from OPI, there is more colour options with artificial and it is cheaper! But both are great brands x

Artistic is nice but opi is so easy to remove :Love:

I use Shellac and Artistic and love them both. I have very happy clients who now have a massive range of colours to choose from.

With regards to removing, since I discovered heated wheat bags Artistic is very easy to remove, I give it a couple of mins more than Shellac and it's absolutely fine.

You can also MIX Artistic Colour to create new colours if you wish, as well as layering.

Bio Sculpture would go well with Shellac.
They are both well know brands & Bio Sculpture have a range of different strength gels to accommodate all nail types.

I use Gelicure & Gelish, both are good, and to remove I also put them in heated mitts.

I offer Shellac and have a few Gelish colours too for my ladies with thyroid conditions unable to wear Shellac for as long.
HTH x

I'm going to throw my vote in for Polish Pro.

I've used it for over 2 years now and it works great and all my clients love the color range (I have all the colors incl the Accessory line)

I have clients getting 4 weeks out of a PP service, the only problem after this time is the horrible re-growth.
NSI also have Endure, this is a soak off gel that is used to smooth out the nail and strengthen the nail and it is working wonders with my clients and extending their service times by weeks.

Any problems that I have ever heard or seen that techs complain about when using PP is caused due to their own wrong doings, not due to PP.

I currently offer shellac in my salon however clients have asked for another option.

Does anyone think this is a good idea? Also, which brand would you recommend in addition to shellac?

I only use shellac, I don't feel the need to offer another brand. I find shellac offers me everything I need, easy to remove, no buffing of the natural nail and the colour opportunities are endless between layering and now additives, we can make virtually any colour you'd want. Bar neons(which I have never been asked for anyway). And for clients who weren't getting quite as long wear from it we now have the fabby brisa lite smoothing gel which is a god send xxx

I only use shellac, I don't feel the need to offer another brand. I find shellac offers me everything I need, easy to remove, no buffing of the natural nail and the colour opportunities are endless between layering and now additives, we can make virtually any colour you'd want. Bar neons(which I have never been asked for anyway). And for clients who weren't getting quite as long wear from it we now have the fabby brisa lite smoothing gel which is a god send xxx

I second this!

If you do want neon you could always use neon glitter over Shellac.x

Yes I am a huge lover of Shellac but a salon has just opened up 2 doors away from me so I also want to add something extra. People may not swap from shellac but in their heads they will think 'more choice', will book there

Yes I am a huge lover of Shellac but a salon has just opened up 2 doors away from me so I also want to add something extra. People may not swap from shellac but in their heads they will think 'more choice', will book there

Two salons in my town also offer shellac and I offer opi gelcolor as well, I do far more opi now. Also I find it lasts longer on certain clients than shellac. Why would a client want to pay extra for the smoothing gel with shellac just to make it last longer when opi does anyway? Not saying anything bad about it as I have it and do use it for ridged nails etc

Latest posts

Back