Offering clients teas and coffees

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
next sell some mugs with a cover over them and then the cover can be also used as a coaster!! i got some of these as i was always intending to offer teas etc but i just never did!
so when they arnt drinking their tea/coffee they can put the lid back on!
the cover also keeps the heat in so their coffee stays warm for longer!

Has anyone got a link for these please?? Or maybe the item number??

Thanks

Has anyone got a link for these please?? Or maybe the item number??

Thanks

i cant find these online but they have them in my local store under the gifty section, ive only seen them in pink colours, they come in a box with a mug and coaster/lid and they cost £5
hope that helps

i cant find these online but they have them in my local store under the gifty section, ive only seen them in pink colours, they come in a box with a mug and coaster/lid and they cost £5
hope that helps

Ah... wondered why I couldn't find them online!! Will pop in later. Thanks!

our next is quite a big one, they are in the ladies section normally (occasionally ive seen them in the homewaew section aswell)
they are really nice designs aswell!

Hi hun, yes i offer tea's and coffee's, i think it add's to the service you privide, its polite and curtious to do so and your client's would appreciate it. :hug:

Couldn't have said it better!! Yes I offer them also!! :) Plus the odd glass of wine occasionally!! :lol:

I don't have many clients, but I have included in the costprice of my treatment, that they can have tea, coffe, hot chocolate or sparkling water. (coffe and chocolate is nescafe you know just add hot water and tadaa coffe/chocolate:))
I serve in nonreusable cups with lids (like those cofee to go cups) also the water, so no filing dust. I use the non reusable because I don't wanna do the dishes after, and I have read that it's actually cheaper and more environmentally (spelled correct?) safe, because of the amount of water you use washing a reusable cup (by hand), great excuse for not doing the dishes by hand:lol::lol:

I use the non reusable because I don't wanna do the dishes after

LOL! This is an excellent idea too - it also works that if they don't finish their drink before the service is over, they can take it with them as well.

we used to have a coffee machine in the 1st salon i worked in. tbh hardly anyone used to drink tea. our customers alot of the time just used to help themselves. xx

I always try to think like a client....

I used to go to a hairdressers that offered drinks and it was lovely...then they got all posh and started a drinks menu that you picked a drink from and the cost of that drink was added to your bill !!... i left. I now go to another place where you get a good old fashioned mug of tea....

GMG wrote a fab piece once in his blog ... have a read of this...

http://www.salongeek.com/blogs/the+geek/5639-consistent-excellence.html#comments

I always try to think like a client....

I used to go to a hairdressers that offered drinks and it was lovely...then they got all posh and started a drinks menu that you picked a drink from and the cost of that drink was added to your bill !!... i left. I now go to another place where you get a good old fashioned mug of tea....

GMG wrote a fab piece once in his blog ... have a read of this...

http://www.salongeek.com/blogs/the+geek/5639-consistent-excellence.html#comments

thanks so much for that, im gonna go get that book! i think being consistant is so important!
theres a few new things i need to put in place in my salon and teas/coffees is one of them! i am always baking so i may make it my mission to have home made cake/biscuit on the side!
also saw the forum about texting clients the day before their appointment, im definatly gonna do this so many of my clients forget or get their day/time wrong! i have one lady who normally calls 3 times before her appointment to check the time and date! lol

im gonna read that book then set all my new little treats/rules into play!
x

Yes, its very important to offer all clients a complimentary drink of their choice, and as alreday suggested keep a record of what they like to have inc additional sugar / milk etc. They will appreciate your attention to detail and treating them as an individual.

As I have a range of many different clients from various nationalities, it has also been known for some clients to like a glass of wine or maybe an Ouzo, whatever they prefer. Most of my local Greek clients like water or coffee but the Scandinavians always like alcohol, and the Germans like anything sweet whereas the English may want a cold beer !!

Funny, the clients who like a stronger drink with their treatment always leave bigger tips, although thats obviously just pure coincidence!

As for the dust, my Purex desk prevents any dust contanination of drinks.

Eva

Latest posts

Back