Offering clients teas and coffees

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlyfaye24

Reaction score
Hi all, i currently have a salon, do you offer your nail clients teas and coffees before you start?
most of the time its just me here so its not like i could get started whilst someone else makes the coffee. at the moment i dont offer teas and coffees but i do feel a little rude not doing this!
but once u do this once i feel the customer would expect it every visit

i also do lash extensions from home in the evening where i dont offer teas or coffees either because obviously they cant drink whilst lying down!
but im thinking of doing nails from home for clients who want evening appointments, would u offer coffee or teas if you did clients nails at home??

thanks in advance

Hi hun, yes i offer tea's and coffee's, i think it add's to the service you privide, its polite and curtious to do so and your client's would appreciate it. :hug:

Hi

I try to always offer a tea, coffee or water before a treatment unless there was no time, ie client arrives late, as i think this relaxes the client. I also work alone and sometimes when i am on a tight schedule i will make the client there tea or coffee when they are changing etc, eg when a client is getting undressed for a wax, when a client is steeping in water for pedicure. Alot of clients won't take anything but some are rushing around all day and really appreciate a cup of tea to unwind before their treatment.

hth:)

I have been told by clients that they think it's lovely that I offer them a drink and makes them feel pampered, but yes, be warned, they will expect it all the time and dare you forget.. there'll be trouble ha ha.

I had one client walk in and say "No coffee or buscuits for me today" and you're left feeling OMG:eek:

Sometimes I don't offer and it's kinda shamefull when the client then asks for a drink, so maybe for the sake of a few mins I'd make it and for the lash clients, I would just explain why you don't offer a drink .. although I don't think nail clients should have a drink while having their nails done either but I've found they have come to expect it.

thansk for your replys, i was thinking of boiling the kettle 5 mins before the clients due to arriv eso i dont have to wait around for the kettle to boil!
x

Better still make a note on your clients record card what there preffered drink is and do they take sugar and milk....that way next time they come there drink will be there waiting for them!! How pamprd would that feel!!

This is what I do for my clients and I they love it!!

excellent idea! i think i will do this from now on
thanks

I insist that my clients drink some water after a facial or a massage treatment, and I offer every client a drink of their choice. It's part of the total customer package.

How do you deal with the issue of filing dust etc. Are you not concerned they will contaminate the drink?

I do offer drinks but I do explain about Acrylic vapours and filling dust etc with regard to their drinks. So Manicure clients are not a problem but I do stress this to Acrylic clients.

I normally offer a quick reminder before I start with the acrylic that they should finish their drinks etc....

Am I being over cautious?

How do you deal with the issue of filing dust etc. Are you not concerned they will contaminate the drink?

I do offer drinks but I do explain about Acrylic vapours and filling dust etc with regard to their drinks. So Manicure clients are not a problem but I do stress this to Acrylic clients.

I normally offer a quick reminder before I start with the acrylic that they should finish their drinks etc....

Am I being over cautious?

next sell some mugs with a cover over them and then the cover can be also used as a coaster!! i got some of these as i was always intending to offer teas etc but i just never did!
so when they arnt drinking their tea/coffee they can put the lid back on!
the cover also keeps the heat in so their coffee stays warm for longer!

What a fab idea carlyfaye24!!

I may be using that. :) Off I go to Next.

I always offer my clients a drink of their choice I think its quite rude not actually, IMHO it breaks the ICE between your and a new client...!! And as for dust getting into their drink I cover their drink with a coaster...!!

xx

we offer drinks aswell, to get over the issue of boiling kettles i hire a water cooler that heats water as well so always have hot water at hand, findi t very useful
hth

This is something I've thought of for a while, but never really did. I too was concerned about the dust and vapors of the enhancments... but carlyfaye24 is just so darn tootly-smart!! LOL! I'm gonna go pick some covered mugs up and start offering drinks.

I offer my clients tea & coffee, but I fill a big thermos jug in the morning so I have hot water all day - saves keep boiling the kettle!

I offer my clients tea & coffee, but I fill a big thermos jug in the morning so I have hot water all day - saves keep boiling the kettle!
Now that's a fab idea!! Mind if i steal it Martin? :wink2:
I'm on my own too and this would save so much time!!!
xx

Now that's a fab idea!! Mind if i steal it Martin? :wink2:
I'm on my own too and this would save so much time!!!
xx

Steal away! I bought mine from Argos & it is a jug shape with a pump top & tap, which when pushed hot water runs out of, that way it doesn't lose any heat.

I never ever offer drinks, i'm too busy to get up out of my chair most days.

My customers sometimes ring before they arrive and ask do i need a coffee :) they know i'm a workaholic and once i get into my chair, i rarely get up till i've done four or five clients in a row.

I do realise it would be a nice touch if i did offer coffee, but my customers know they are with me to get a fantastic set of nails, and they have got used to me finishing the set in an hour.

Some bring their lunch with them, and i don't mind if they eat it while i work.
To be honest i'm there to make money and thats what i do

Better still make a note on your clients record card what there preffered drink is and do they take sugar and milk....that way next time they come there drink will be there waiting for them!! How pamprd would that feel!!

This is what I do for my clients and I they love it!!

i have this on the client record cards too, they ask - what you wanna know that for - youve already answered that one. i agree that it does make them feel abit more pampered, and i also think that it makes them feel that YOU have took the time to be interested in THEM.

:hug:

oh yes, always offer my clients a cup of tea/coffee, especially if im doing a pedi. gives time for their feet to soak. great thread, always wondered what others do.:)

Latest posts

Back