Oh dear, my hair extensions don't look so good!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divine

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I had my hair extensions fitted by a fab woman, I provided the hair and she fitted them great application perfect!

I have only had them in a week and they look so dry, :cry: I have not been using GHD's just the hair dryer. It is not matted or anything like that it just does not look right like how hair would normally look a big wiggy with it actually. :confused:

It is pre bonded hair, I spent just under £200 for the hair and would be gutted if they have to be removed. :cry:

Can any hair extension geeks recommend some great products for me to use to revive this hair? please. X

Ive been using the maccadamia oil from capital when its wet, then a little bit when its dry.
The bed head dumb blonde smoothing stuff is great. When its dry.
Also Sheer Beauty sell a product called Ion... its a maintenance spray, i use it twices a day then brush it through and it really revitalises the hair, makes its smooth and feel like hair again.
Im #60 all over so I wouldnt expect it to be perfect all the time.
I hope this helps.
:)
xox

Last edited:
What brand of hair is it?

In my experience once the hair extensions go dry it is sometimes hard to revive them. Why dont you try smothering in a rich conditioner dont get on the bonds and leave in overnight?

its sounds like cheap hair sweetie.where did you purchase it from :)

Hello Divine , what a shame , but I have to agree it sounds like cheap turned processed coated hair,
and once the coating wears off after a few washes it starts to look dry it also bunches up and Loops and eventually matt's up on itself .

I think Lancashirelass recommends this product Lakme k.style Polish Sheen Spray

But as Lancashirelass only uses good quality hair ,
I think it may only be reccomended as more of an after care plan ...
but it may just help .
but keep it away from the actual bonds.

Hi Girls

Thanks for the advice, the hair is from Lush Us???????

I really thought it was good hair, am I wrong girls?:irked:

Please advise as I will have it removed, if you can suggest a good hair supplier. I am dark brown :idea:

Thanks XX

I'm not a hair geek but from what I've read on here the best suppliers will only sell to fully qualified hairdressers. You might be best finding a good hair extensionist who can source and apply the hair extensions. That way they will know what is good quality and what isn't. Saves you getting stung again. :hug:

Hi

I know a lot of people that have been stung from qualified hairdressers the hair was bought for £90 and the the whole bill came to £800 she has the document to prove it. :eek:

The hair matted like a fluff ball after she washed it with the recommended products 2 days later, the salon owner did not want to know and she has been left devastated. :cry:

Extensions are supposed to build up confidence not destroy it, and a woman's hair is important.

Maybe you should go back to the hair supplier and complain. Clearly the ext will not be held to blame as the hair was prebonded so couldnt be applied upside down.
The problem you have is that if they replace the hair for you, you will have to pay to have your current ones removed and new ones applied. That is the downside of getting your own hair and not going to a salon for a "package".

One person paying 800 quid for hair worth 90 doesnt tar all hairdressers with the same brush. I use top quallity hair and in your circumstances would replace FOC.
But then I know what I'm buying in the first place.

Hi

I know a lot of people that have been stung from qualified hairdressers the hair was bought for £90 and the the whole bill came to £800 she has the document to prove it. :eek:

The hair matted like a fluff ball after she washed it with the recommended products 2 days later, the salon owner did not want to know and she has been left devastated. :cry:

Extensions are supposed to build up confidence not destroy it, and a woman's hair is important.

Hi,
Thats why hairdressing experience, plus hair extensions experience, along with all the necessary qualifications, plus full insurance a good porfolio
and word of mouth from clients i
about wearing the actual hair itself for twelve weeks !...is a very important factor .

Have a good look on here for a fully qualified hairdresser who has also trained in hair extensions as these qualifications will allow them to tap in and source the best professional hair Merchants for you ....

I too will only buy my hair from professional hair merchants
but as said in a previous post .... They will only supply fully trained hairdressers who have trained in hair extensions.

yes you need to complain to the factory who supplied your hair
Good luck with it though ... and sorry to hear you have had such a rough time

Persianista what does this mean please :Look_righ FOC. :o thanks in advance, minks :) x

Thanks

No-one has mentioned a good supplier as yet :cry:

FOC is free of charge hun

Hi Girls

Thanks for the advice, the hair is from Lush Us???????

I really thought it was good hair, am I wrong girls?:irked:

Please advise as I will have it removed, if you can suggest a good hair supplier. I am dark brown :idea:

Thanks XX

Hi I have used lush us hair numerous times and have it fitted myself too and have always found it to be great hair the £200 price tag confuses me tho as I dont pay that for the hair I get and I use pre bonded also and enough for a full head is no where near that amount.

Am sure if you get in touch with their office on monday they will be happy to help you, as one of the other reasons I use this company is there great customer service.

HTH's

Deb
x

Thanks

No-one has mentioned a good supplier as yet :cry:

FOC is free of charge hun

Lol :lol: Thank you Divine, I see you are a fully trained Hairdresser,
but are you a fully trained hair extensionist ?
if so I will gladly Pm you with my professional supplier but as said earlier they only supply hairdressers who have trained in doing hair extensions.

Hi Deb

I purchased 2 packs more just in case in 22 inch, and that was the price. Yes they are very nice, I have just sent Rachel an email so hopefully see where I go from there.

Someone pm'd me and said to only buy from Tasha Jacks, and most other hair is really bad. :cry: Xx

Hi Minky

PM'd you :lol: for your help. xx

Latest posts

Back