Oh no,i think im allergic to q monomer:-(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funnyfarm

Reaction score
Today i had two gloves on but still im itching like crazy:-(Some advise what to do?and i would be very happy if someone has an idea what i can do with thise itch,im going crazy:-(

I was getting terrible contact dermatitis and itching from the q-monomer on my ring finger because I rest my brush on the cuticle area. After trying finger cots, latex gloves, barrier cream, cortisone cream, etc. with no luck I decided to try nitrile gloves. They have really helped! I'm completely healed!

As you are wearing gloves I don't see how monomer is getting on to your hands.

It may be the gloves you are using. I am allergic to laytex and can only wear Nitrile gloves. Give these a try.

As you are wearing gloves I don't see how monomer is getting on to your hands.

It may be the gloves you are using. I am allergic to laytex and can only wear Nitrile gloves. Give these a try.

It started for some weeks ago when i was not using gloves,so yesterday i used two gloves and really thougt that would help,but i got worse and havent sleept more than two hours last night:-(
But i will try other gloves,really hope that will help.
I was pretty scared when i realised how much my fingers had swollen up.They where REALLY big and red,and it itched like crazy.
Maybe i also will give ibd gel a try again also,maybe that will help.

The latex gloves will actually make your problem worse, you need to be wearing nitrile gloves. This has been discussed a few times, Samuel put a link in to a previous post which may help you:

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/3018-alergic-reaction.html?highlight=latex+alergy
Thanx alot girls,i will give nitrile gloves a chance.I would be very sad if i have to give up doing nails.
I cant remember that we learned about what kind of gloves to use when i took my nail tech eduacation:rolleyes:

I use normal latex gloves but make sure I always have cotton gloves underneath.

I don't wash my cotton gloves in any soap, just warm water.

My dermatologist said that the monomer can get through the gloves, I thought this was strange but it had to be right cos I had heaps of problems for a while.:?:

Make sure too that your gloves are changed regularly or the sweat affects your hands.

hth

Latest posts

Back