Oh the joys of staff....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we are a normal colour and we are all working very hard...

Hi Kim

Just read ur thread with interest and got to the end with this post from you and although Im new to the site - Im very happy it has worked out for u! From reading this thread it sounds like your a lovely person to work for and I think these girls may have realised this - fingers crossed they keep it up!!

Claire

Just to clarify I think Kim has given these staff members more than enough chances and that is why I think one more strike your out. I do think you have to be ruthless and harsh in business but this can be done with diplomacy and tact. I by no means am talking about lording it over your staff, just let them know you are boss, end off!!

To boost moral I would suggest that for good professionalism and work ethics that Kim reward her staff as she sees fit this could be a manner of all things:

Tickets to a musical
A spa day
A extra day off paid
A dinner for two

The list is endless and doesnt have to cost much. The best groomed, professional and customer service orientated member of staff of the month could be rewarded. I'm not talking about rewarding how skilled a staff member is at this stage, thats a whole different issue. I'm talking about rewarding staff that adhere to Kim's rules of what she considers represents her salon to a high standard. Its a small price to pay for keeping your staff on their toes and high moral in the workplace. No one wants to work in a bad atmosphere, but then no boss wants to feel like they are being taken for a ride.

anne xx

That's exactly what the points system was that I used, there must have been a misunderstanding, great thread!

x x

well guys here is an update

both girls arrived an appropriate colour for work....

they both worked their wee butts off, got to lunchtime and all the cleaning had been done so they offered to go out and flyer drop...

they both sheepishly asked me if they could have their tan done for them in the salon....

both were just on generally good form, one issue with reception desk which I will put down to nerves....

Think they were both nervous as one lady had a gown, towel, another gown and another towel on....LOL

But all went well. I got the newer one to wash the older ones hair and let her blow dry and straighten it, they both were saying "do youw ant me to blow dry in the salon now :eek: " I just said if they improve at everything else then eventually they may be doing things like straightening clients hair etc...

Lets see what next week brings but thank everyone for the help :D

Sounds like they had a wake up call. Hopefully their enthusiasm continues.

That's great, well done, hope it stays well for you! x x

well guys here is an update

both girls arrived an appropriate colour for work....

they both worked their wee butts off, got to lunchtime and all the cleaning had been done so they offered to go out and flyer drop...

they both sheepishly asked me if they could have their tan done for them in the salon....

both were just on generally good form, one issue with reception desk which I will put down to nerves....

Think they were both nervous as one lady had a gown, towel, another gown and another towel on....LOL

But all went well. I got the newer one to wash the older ones hair and let her blow dry and straighten it, they both were saying "do youw ant me to blow dry in the salon now :eek: " I just said if they improve at everything else then eventually they may be doing things like straightening clients hair etc...

Lets see what next week brings but thank everyone for the help :D

Great update....you don't think they became geeks and read this thread do you :eek: ....if so they must be glad they work for you and not some of the other posters lol :lol:
Fingers crossed they keep up this new attitude to you and their work.

i hope they joined geek...shows some form of interest in what they are doing!!!

but its highly unlikely. lol.

as long as they r working hard and not oompa loompas then I dont care why they have changed tactics!! hehehe

At least with you being a hairdresser you can do something about all the grey hairs they will have given you over this last week!!!

It would still be a good idea to implement some of the ideas on here, just to make sure that their motivation stays at this level.

Latest posts

Back